DeJA Stories

• I attended my first meeting and joined DEJA in either Feb. or March.

That was the first meeting after Steve Smith's accident and was when the election of the BOD was held.

It was quite a drama filled meeting, but thanks to Paul getting elected DEJA lived on and has continued to be a great place to be.

Incredible! That was my first meeting too! I think it was Chris Hall's first one as well!

• I wasn't a member but remember Steve Smith's accident I have known his brother John's wife for years. In fact John kinda talked me into joining,why I checked out the forum and came out to the spring fling. I camped with Glen at the York show this year and had a blast looking forward to more good times.

• I wasn't a member but remember Steve Smith's accident I have known his brother John's wife for years. In fact John kinda talked me into joining,why I checked out the forum and came out to the spring fling. I camped with Glen at the York show this year and had a blast looking forward to more good times.

I know his brother Rob. Does he have another brother?

• yup, i met him once awhile back.

i joined the summer of '02 - was living in central america at the time and had to mail my app up to the states. i used to be much more active in the day-to-day activities of DeJA but to lately most of the newest members probably only know me through the club's website. through thick and thin i'll always be thankful for DeJA...and the people that know me know why ;D
    chris

• Well, about four people on this site have met me in person. Firehouse has kept me from going to meetings since it's the same evening as my fire line meetings. I found this place just surfing the web. I have always wanted a jeep before I was even able to drive. I got mine from my uncle who pretty much just gave it to me. Anyhow, after this year I will be a member for a whole year (Half a year in 07, half 09= 1 year)! As I joined up, I got off a rough start here just been a jolly old self and it was a bit much for some slower pace guys. I came off as a bit high strung. But after dealing with a few guys in person, I figured I would give it another try. I would love to meet some new friends that love the same thing as I do, Jeeps! I haven't wheeled her yet as I don't have all the necessities yet. But I know many have been following the growth of my baby and many have giving me support with advice or parts or general info. I am most grateful so far from the help that I have been getting and talking to others with the same pasion as myself. I am waiting for one last thing that should arrive the end of the month and I want to start wheeling. So look for me out there. I also hope to start coming to the meetings as I told my wife two weeks ago that I plan to step down as a fire line officer this year. As much as she is disappointed she understand that I just want to have more time for her, the babies and jeeping. :driving:

84 Cj 7 AMC 150, 4.5" BDS Lift, Twin Stick, BF Goodrich 35s...

98 Grand Limited (Wife's)
    ~Always interested in trades~

• Been lurking the forums since '06, never joined up until '08. Been great ever since. Have to agree with ed though, wish there were bigger showings at the monthly rides.

• I was originally a PAJeeps member. I met Aaron at Paragon in 1999 or 2000. He told me about the club and I checked it out and joined. I was looking for something closer than York, PA. I remember meetings at the "Where Pigs Fly" place, TGI Fridays, and Comfort Inn. Didn't we also have a meeting at the Diner just south of the St Georges Bridge once?

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• i came along not long after steve's accident. I remember searching around wondering what happened. Was/Is a good group of people, and hope to be a member again sometime (got to get another jeep)

• I came around shortly after MellowYellow. I was originally BMJA and then got talking to Paul (Wanderlust) about the Jeeps for Joy run. I came out to my first activity to the JFJ run in Nov 03 and have been a member ever since. My daughter was in AI one year about Christmas time (02) and she received a gift that was donated to the hospital by JFJ. I told my wife how great it was to do something like that and then we met Paul that next year. Been helping or running JFJ ever since. I too remember having 30+ Jeeps at Paragon or RC and as much as I'd like to still do it as much as I used too, the economics don't allow. Hopefully things change soon and I'll be back on the trails also. :driving:

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• Incredible! That was my first meeting too! I think it was Chris Hall's first one as well!

Thanks for bringing this back to the top Keith!

Erica's right! That was my first meeting too. I can't believe how far we've come since that time!

• Good bump.. I remember Joe "BBD" writing his check as the first paid member of DEJA, (I think I was 2nd or 3rd) Remember starting the first Jeeps for Joy run with Bob and was so amazed how its taken off since. I also have to claim credit for starting the Annual Surf fishing tournament. :mrgreen: . Some really good times.. more to come.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• I have been a member for a little over 2 years now. I was following the group on the fourum before that, EMS 3420 wanted me to join about 3 yrs ago but I and my jeep we not ready. I was a charter member of BMJA until my jeep was no longer street leagel. (long story about that one) Any way DEJA has been a great group I know I dont make many meetings but I do go on the rides and help were I can. The people I have meet have been great this is a great club and I promote it as such. I hope to be here for a long time...

• I remember drooling over BlueJ's and Joelove's huge tj's on 35's. :laughing: I also remember following them down to rubicon lake at PAP in the snow and not being able to make it back up the hill. I think that may have been the same ride Kieth drove off the trail and almost drowned his jeep.

• Ah, Paragon. Lol I remember my first ever trail ride with a shiny new and nearly stock Rubicon right after I joined DEJA. Went up to PAP with Trey for one of the "entry" level guided rides. 1 hr into the ride I already had mud/water lines at the midpoint of my headlights and thought to myself "WTF am I doing here with this new vehicle???" We also broke trail on a new route that ended up being classified as a black simply because the guide wanted to "see how it was". Hahaha This was also how I learned about "angry sparrows" due to some muddy water in my front drive shaft u-joints. Apparently that is where I decided to go big or go home, I (and my wallet) curse that trail ride to this day. :)

• My first DEJA event was a M&G at Hooters in 2006... I forget the details but it was a slightly sponsored thing with a few simple door prizes. I brought an application with me, wanted to see how it went before I turned it in. After some hanging out and chatting, I handed my application to Wanderlust just before we left. My little stock, unmolested Cherokee... ahh it was so nice then. lol

I think I rode shotgun with Wanderlust once on a Paragon trip before I took my XJ to the trails for the first time, what a blast those rides were, a convoy of 15 or so Jeeps riding together up 95 and various PA highways to Paragon. Joking on the CBs and pulling over as a pack when somebody had an issue (and these are Jeeps, so... we usually had to pull over every trip for something). My first trail ride with my XJ was at Paragon... my poor little XJ was still stock, had just installed the front tow hooks at midnight before the trip, with some 28" all terrains. I think Orange Crush led the group that day, with a $500 beater CJ on 31s. And it was certainly a beater, he pushed that thing hard. Had to stop at one point to hammer the battery tray back in place. lol I think the rest of the group was all YJ/TJs on 31s or 33s. We ran mostly low blues and greens, with me taking a couple go arounds. But I still pushed hard, I forget who all was in our group but Omaha was with us and he seemed impressed at how well my little XJ did. And that was my first trip... came home with a crushed transmission crossmember as a memento. lol

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!