Question about what CB radio to get

• I am looking to get a CB radio. I am just looking for input as to which one to get and which antenna. I am not looking for overkill with sideband channels just a dependable radio.

• Cobra is good,, but its about the antenna and its location and tuning. I have a 6ft Wilson mounted on my rear tire rack on my JK. It doe's fine. the trick is to get as much antenna as you can above the roof line. At least half or better 2/3..... IF its just for trail riding , you can be less critical of the location. also consider where you are going to mount the CB radio. Etc. can you read the controls while driving, hear it well enough and the size of the unit. Jeeps are limited in most of those aspects. Personally I bought the overhead console for it,, and other devices. Hope this helps.... Best place to buy in my book is the truck stops. They have all you need. But I did get my mount from Quadratec. Good luck!

• I am looking to get a CB radio. I am just looking for input as to which one to get and which antenna. I am not looking for overkill with sideband channels just a dependable radio.

Thanks for posting this question. I've been kicking the idea around about a CB radio as well. Thanks to everyone else for the info as well. :up:

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!