RCROCKS Club Comp 4/20/13

• I am sorry... did someome say we should field 2 teams, one competitive, one filled with the other kids that have too many modifications for the rules, strictly for exbitition and shenanigans? Call it deja 111.5?

• The jeep will most definitely NOT be eligible for class 2 for this comp . Something about sticky 40's isn't going to cut it. I'm also even wider than Bill already, and the new beadlocks are going to be offset even wider than the H2 wheels on there now to clear the control arms with the big rubber. I can probably help out judging if we aren't doing an exhibition team.

• From what I am seeing in this thread, we have three possibly 4. Do they (the vehicles) meet the qualifications?

1. Daddanelena
    2. altierior
    3. NitroRubi
    4. Anx1ous or RedOliver

• It looks like I'll be more class one for this year.

*bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*<br /><br />&quot;Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. <br />One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.&quot;

• Aaron was also interested.

It looks like I'll be more class one for this year.

You'll do fine. :up:

• Jim put the sign up sheet in the RC thread. It looks like no matter what, we will be able to put a team together for this so I am going to sign us up.
    We'll work out the details soon.

• Jeep is done besides the tires/wheels and a few small things. Definitely not in class 2 anymore. I'm game if you need me.

• I just read the club comp rules. Do I need door bars on my cage to run without doors?

*bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*<br /><br />&quot;Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. <br />One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.&quot;

• It says:

Doors optional. If doors are removed a roll bar/cage must cover the drivers compartment area.

"Drivers compartment area", not door opening.

Drivers compartment area is vague. I would consider the door opening the compartment area as well.

• The windshield frame on a TJ acts as protection in a rollover, remove that and you'd have nothing higher than your head. They are just saying that if you remove it, you better have some sort of protection, not necessarily a custom full roll cage. Lots of people build trail cages and/or sell bolt-in cages.

BTW, the visibility you gain with removing the windshield is worth it.

• But ... From re-reading your quote it does sound like they are requiring a bar between the A and B pillars now.

It can be very unsettling to be in a spot where the Jeep could force you (yourself) into a rock. So much that I started asking fab shops for quotes even on my 33s.

I sent a PM to them after quickly checking the club comp posts.

• I have a full cage. Just no door bars yet. I just didn't want to be forced to get them by April.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!