September 8th - Deja Trip to RC

• This trip is still on. It all depends on who shows up that day as far as what trails are run. Usually there are at least 2 groups (easy/moderate and moderate/hard).

-Chris

• Cool, thanks. I haven't been in awhile. So I might stick with the easier stuff, but I'll run whatever. Thanks again.

• If I get my tires and lift delivered and installed, I'll be taking the rubicon... I would love to bring the CJ too but I haven't figured out how to drive two jeeps at the same time...

When and where do you all plan on meeting, this would be my first trip to RC so I'm not familiar with what everyone does.

• As far as meeting up on the way up goes. I usually run a caravan leaving from the Sunoco at Rt.41 and Newark Rd. @ 6:15. We go up through Lancaster and meeting up with anyone at the Wawa @ Rt.30 and Rt.896 around 7ish.

If anyone does plan on meeting up with me, please post up.

Thanks
    -Chris

• i can meet you at your house or my office in georgetown thats probably where ill be sleeping anyways haha....its been a while since last wheeling trip for me too...hopefully all the little bugs will be worked out of the TJ by then.

It's A Jeep Thing...You Wouldn't Understand
    *bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*

• No, that Sunoco is about 3 miles north west of the Sunoco we are meeting at.

We are meeting at the Sunoco at the intersection of Rt. 41 (Gap Newport Pike) and Newark Rd.

-Chris

• Thanks, I should be able to find it,

I am still looking for time to install my body lift... if I get it done in time I'll be heading up and I'll meet you all at the Sunoco.

This will be the first trip with the Rubicon, so I will be testing the limits, but nothing too crazy (that always changes when I shift into 4low)

• It took me around 9 hours to install my BL/MML by myself. Urbancrawler did help me for about an hour though, lol. As far as testing the limits of the Rubi. I took mine to PAP when it was 3 months old and in stock form. Everyone on that trip was lifted with atleast 33's and I had no trouble at all. It all comes down to how you drive and choosing the right lines. But, hope you can make it.

Kevin(urbancrawler), are things cool with the TJ and your going? If you are let me know so we can meet up Saturday morning.

• Here's the list of is signed up so far. Post up if you are not on the list.

Thanks

Altierior
    Daddanelena
    Urbancrawler
    Jason
    GSE Nick
    Shorebird
    Clendaniel
    James78
    Snafu

• I'll be there in spirit... have fun guys! break something for me. :)

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• It took me around 9 hours to install my BL/MML by myself. Urbancrawler did help me for about an hour though, lol.

Well I got the body and motor mount lift installed... it took me about 4 hrs, with the help of my boys they are 3 and 5.
    All the bolts came out easy, I used my high lift, cause my floor jack wasn't high enough.
    The grill bumpers went in pretty easy, but the biggist pain was the drivers side motor mount... it took the longest, and busted the most knuckles.

I even followed the directions and used my torque wrench :laughing:

It still feels like a low-rider, but if it does good on the trail, I guess I could call it a "sleeper"

• oh, crap! my tranny mount is shot. ;(
    it's not as simple a job as it should be. i gotta remove the damn skids to get at it. it's a good opportunity to install my tc drop while i have the crossmember off. hopefully i get it all done. :-\

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• Just checked the weather and it says there's gonna be some thunderstorms tomorrow afternoon :shrug: I was hoping to drop the top too. Well, I hope things change and it stays clear. Either way me and Urbancrawler will be heading up round 4am.

• guys, looks like i'm out for tomorrow. the XJ is ready :driving:, but I am not. i have a bunch of things going on that need my attention. :bang:

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• Sorry to hear you can't make it, hope to see you next time. I'm loading up and will see you all at the park around 8:30.

Randy

'88 YJ, 4" suspension, 2"body lift, 456 locked F & R, 35-12.50-15 BFG KM2s on Cragar Soft 8's
    &'03 KJ, 2"+ shackle lift, armor, BBs, 245-70-16 BFG A/T TAs

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!