Who does Alignments w/modified suspensions

• I have been told of Bear Alignment (on N. Scott street in Wilm) for doing alignments with modified suspensions (4" lift). I do want to be careful where ever I to get this done but, hoping to keep near the Elsmere area. Any other suggestions?
    Thanks

• I got the firestone lifetime warranty and they've done it in DE, PA and in MA. Plus you can get it done as often as you want, free. It was $120. Just don't let them see your Jeep when you're buying it. After you have it they can't say squat.

• I got the firestone lifetime warranty and they've done it in DE, PA and in MA. Plus you can get it done as often as you want, free. It was $120. Just don't let them see your Jeep when you're buying it. After you have it they can't say squat.

Good to know. I always like to realign after replacing tie rods. Man are they going to pay for that offer. :suspicious:

That sound good...and Firestone is pretty much just around the corner. I'll give them a try next week.
    Thanks for all the help.

• I know Jeeps don't have camber because of their solid axles and fixed knuckles but do these places that align lifted Jeeps actually adjust your caster or in other words differential angle and knuckle rotation (i.e. remove and adjust your adjustable upper and lower control arms properly) or do they just set your toe?
    And not to be pushy, but before you answer let me ask if you have actually seen them adjusting your control arms?

I am inclined inclined to think they only adjust your toe and if that is the case, honestly I would suggest to everyone with a lifted Jeep and oversized tires bigger than say 32" save your money and do your alignment yourself because all they do is straighten your steering wheel and set the correct difference between the distance of the leading and trailing edges of your front tires. You can do this with some heavy duty straight pins and a tape measure.

• They do not adjust the caster - however, they give you a print out of what it is and you can adjust it and bring it right back and have it aligned again, free :)

• :shrug: Tape measure and an angle finder suffices for me. I did the same with my truck when I put on the leveling kit and had it doublechecked on an alignment rack and was less than 1* out in the only thing adjustable...toe.

Remember that caster is a bit of a catch-22 on lifted Jeeps unless you get into cutting/turning knuckles as more positive caster == more pinion angle. If you're not careful you'll get vibes and increased wear on your front DS ujoints. Personally I just set them up with an angle finder making sure that the pinion angle isn't too steep and that theres at least a couple degrees of positive caster...

--Ian

• if anyone is in the bear aera i do alignments at a shop and am more than happy to align jeeps, and can also measur axel off set for adjustable track bars. if you are intrested pm me.

• I tried sending PM again...I don't think it is work. ??? Anyways, I am working on getting insurance, after that is secured I can take it on the road to get stuff done before I take it for inspection. What hours are available for getting the alignment done?
    Thanks
    Glen

• jeep camber can be changed by offset upper balljoints but you shouldnt need to adjust camber unless you bend the inner c. so all that needs to be adjusted is caster and toe. caster really isnt that big of an issue because it doesnt cause tire wear but it will cause pull so as long as the pinion angle looks ok there shouldnt be a problem. toe can be asdjusted with a tape but cant always be sure how accurate you are. i do alignments at everest autoworks in newark its around 90$.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!