question anyone can answer 4 me....

• I was thinking about buying this truck, a ford ranger 4x4 in decent condition....I want It to build up for a trail rig only...It dosent have a title with the truck...what are my options with geting a title for that kind of car and what are my options for Insurance...do I have to pay full Insurance for It, or is there any type of Insurance for a trail rig only....

I would Just forget about the title and Insurance Issue If I lived somewhere with lots of land where I could Just put the truck in the woods but I live in a neighborhood so I guess Im kind of gonna have to get a title....

02&#39; F250 SD w/ 285&#39;s and 17x9 1079&#39;s<br />99&#39; XJ w/ 8&quot; and 35&#39;s - GONE!<br /><br />I miss wheeling! :(

• To get a title you can have a title search done. I believe the state police do this. You can get different types of titles. One type for a "parts vehicle" and I think another type for a "farm vehicle". I'm not sure of the requirements for either though.

No, you don't need insurance if you are going to have it as a "trail rig only" vehicle BUT if you are going to park the car by your house where it can be seen (as opposed to keeping it in the garage) it will need to be tagged which in DE means you need insurance. Minimum liability is all you need.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Quote from "Slimer"

No, you don't need insurance if you are going to have it as a "trail rig only" vehicle BUT if you are going to park the car by your house where it can be seen (as opposed to keeping it in the garage) it will need to be tagged which in DE means you need insurance. Minimum liability is all you need.

Maybe I misunderstand the question, but this is from Paragon's website under "Park Guidelines".

7. All SUV/4x4 must be insured. PA State Law requires all ATV’s to be registered and insured (or conform to your States ATV Law).

• I wasn't speaking about PA. Sorry if I missed that point in the original question. But since 99% of the trails we do are in PA I guess that is a good point to bring up. But then, :hmm: what kind of insurance do those tube buggies have when they ride up at Paragon? Or is Neuroc an exception?

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• call dmv run the vin. you can take it to the dmv and they will issue a new title. if its salvage they will look at the vehicle and issue a R title.

• Remember one thing, if you buy it and a title search comes up that it was stolen, it will be confiscated.

Steve

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Quote from "1TonTJ"

call dmv run the vin. you can take it to the dmv and they will issue a new title. if its salvage they will look at the vehicle and issue a R title.

Regardless, if it sits by your house it has to have insurance and be tagged.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• also delaware in NCC it needs to be sitting on a suitable parking surface. it's not allowed to sit on the grass. this includes boats and trailers aswell.

either driveway, crush and run or gravel. no grass.

Michael Slotwinski (SLINKY)
    1993 Chevy Suburban 1500 4x4
    http://www.firststatecorvairclub.com
    1999 Powerwheels Babrie Jeep Currently driven by my daughter
    Hey you were at the WalMart Speed Bump Climb in 1999? you were the one with the winch, right?

• The Farm Vehicle Tag is out unless you are Farmer/Landowner with over 10 + acres and a member of the Farm Bureau. You can only drive a max of 10 miles away from your property and your vehicle is covered on your homeowners/farm policy.

• FYI...in DE you can get a "towed vehicle" tag for any vehicle not being registered or insured for operation on a public road. It is a way to get around the stupid NCC regulations... :peace: FYI, I've heard of some people having issues at the DMV in getting one of these but it _is_ possible.

--Ian

• Contact DMV first, because I can guarantee they are gonna fight you the whole way, and may not be able to help you at all. If you don't get the right answer the first time, call back and speak to someone else.

Sean

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!