Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I used to have one painted Slime green. I think I still have that in my garage

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• sometimes those seemingly simple jobs turn into the worst PIA imagineable. Starts out changing a bulb until it breaks. Then you got the needle nose pliers out trying to work the bottom of the bulb out of the socket. Once that's destroyed you now need a whole new housing. But the wires going to that housing are in bad shape and snap. Before you know it you're getting ready to rewire the whole Jeep because you had a blown bulb.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• anymore my preparation to work on something is to take all my tools and dump them on the floor. That's where they all end up anyway when tackling a simple fix

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• All buttoned back up! Even took the time to dismantle and clean those 2 breather chimneys that are inside valve cover. 3/4 gaskets disintegrated and I couldn't find any type of replacement online.. so I had to resort to some high heat RTV. I also installed a new oil pressure sender, temporarily reinstalled my LED bar, my new CJ tailgate latches are on and my new Hella E-codes are in as well. Feeling a bit accomplished and also sore. Good night Neverland!

Edit: I broke down and got the better Felpro gasket instead of messing with the cork one I originally bought. For that coinage, it better last me a few years!

• ha i worked hard on my jeep today too, I carefully covered the pile of :censored: with a sheet so I don't have to look at it sitting on jack stands in the garage every time I walk in and out of the house :shrug:

• ha i worked hard on my jeep today too, I carefully covered the pile of :censored: with a sheet so I don't have to look at it sitting on jack stands in the garage every time I walk in and out of the house :shrug:

Bob, I believe that this is the denial stage of your Jeep grief.

5 Stages of Jeep grief...

1. Denial and isolation; "My Jeep is not derivable, I will cover it and ignore the problem. "

2. Anger; " Damn its 80 degrees in October and its still f@#ked up"

3. Bargaining; "Dear God, please let UPS make it by Friday so I can make the RC ride Saturday"

4. Depression; "UPS didn't arrive, I really wanted to go, I guess I'll get some beer"

5. Acceptance. "Its a Jeep. I guess I'll take it to Aaron's"

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

Did you have Taps playing in the background as you covered it up? :whistling:

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• No did not play taps. She is out of commission not dead, yet. Yes Steve I will be trailering to Aarons in the hopefully in the near future , I need to get back on the road it's been down since ocean city jeep week

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

• bob thinking next week is looking good to get you on the lift. Il just work on it in the evenings. That way u wont be so sad.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!