What have you done to your Jeep today?

• These came today. After about 20 years I'm retiring my Leon Rosser high backs.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Let me know how they fit. There's an inch or 2 we can cut out of the wheel wells still if they need room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Nice, which one did you get?

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Early this week Neill and I got his new sending unit installed and put the rear bumper on then installed the gas tank. We also got the stock cage out and painted the bottom of the tub with chassis black. Hoping to mate the tub to the frame this weekend.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

• Neill's Jeep is again one with the frame.

That's awesome!

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Neill's Jeep is again one with the frame.

Seems like this project has taken forever but when I stop and think that I only work on it 10-12 hours a week I'm happy with where it's at. Once again Thank you Luke for the use of the shop and all your help and also for keeping me in line the few times I've wanted to just sell this project off.

Neill

In a perfect world every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog.

Edited once, last by 92Renegade ().

• It will be worth the wait to completion

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Replaced the rear brakes (PowerStop drilled/slotted rotors and Hawk LTS pads) and replaced a broken rear shock. Not sure how long ago it happened, but the right rear shock snapped. I don't see any impact damage to it, but the Bilstein 5125 series shock snapped a 5/8" rod. I thought it had just blown a seal (boot hid the snapped rod), so I ordered Fox Evolution 2.0 series shocks to replace the rear end.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

• Do you notice any difference with the rotors?

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Do you notice any difference with the rotors?

They'll only be noticeable when doing lots of hard braking and getting really hot. I haven't really needed to do that before, since I don't usually drive it very hard and my trailer has brakes. But, with my current role with the fire department, I'll be doing a lot of "spirited" driving and hard braking, so I took the opportunity to replace the rotors preemptively. I already had Hawk pads front/rear and they worked great, but I never had to do repeated hard braking.

That said, I did notice a big difference when I replaced the front rotors on the Cherokee with slotted rotors... the braking was pretty poor given the 35s, bumper, winch. I noticed an immediate improvement with those, zero brake fade, which had been an issue with the stock brakes. Combine that with the Hawk LTS pads and it stopped a lot faster, reliably.

Jerry / Whatevah

• I tracked down my drive train noise the other day and it turned out to be my new drive shaft. I did this by pulling the rear haft and taking a ride. I put the old drive shaft back in. Upon my test drive after about 45 minutes my motor started having some major issues above 1/3 throttle. I thought something was up with my fuel injection but there were no codes. Turned out to be my spark plug wires so $34 later my Jeep is running the best it has since I've owned it.

Upcoming things I would like to do:

• Engine Skid
    • New Rear Diff Cover
    • Replace rear seal on engine
    • Home made hydro assist
    • Upgrade master cylinder
  • I tracked down my drive train noise the other day and it turned out to be my new drive shaft. I did this by pulling the rear haft and taking a ride. I put the old drive shaft back in. Upon my test drive after about 45 minutes my motor started having some major issues above 1/3 throttle. I thought something was up with my fuel injection but there were no codes. Turned out to be my spark plug wires so $34 later my Jeep is running the best it has since I've owned it.

Upcoming things I would like to do:

• Engine Skid
    • New Rear Diff Cover
    • Replace rear seal on engine
    • Home made hydro assist
    • Upgrade master cylinder

That sounds like my luck with driveshafts. Glad to hear it's mobile again, hope to see you out on the trails again soon!

• Just got done putting a cat back exhaust on my jeep. It's the old man coming out in me but the new exhaust had nothing to do with looks or power. My jeep had a glass pack muffler on it when I bought it and I put the new exhaust on to quiet it down. I was getting tired of sounding like a tractor. The new exhaust is quieter but not as quiet as I hoped. I opted for the exhaust that came with a chrome tip which was a "Dynomax" kit. It has a performance muffler which is quieter and better sounding than the glass pack but louder than if I would have bought a stock kit,

In hindsight the chrome tip doesn't matter as I can see redoing this exhaust. The existing tail pipe exited out the side behind the rear wheel. The new exhaust tip is now the lowest protrusion out the back. I see it getting smashed any way,

• ...The existing tail pipe exited out the side behind the rear wheel. The new exhaust tip is now the lowest protrusion out the back. I see it getting smashed any way,

I like mine out the side too , keeps exhaust from back drafting in as much

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!