What have you done to your Jeep today?

• Tonight I started prepping my jeep for Moab . Cleaned all of my crap out of the jeep, rolled my krawlers out of the shed and kindly pumped each one with 55 pumps of slime (they have been leaking down a couple psi per night) and aired them up to highway PSI. Checked all fluids and started to pull the onboard air out of our YJ so I can install in the TJ. Every now and then while on the trail at Rausch she would run on the hot side, thinking while its in the garage I may do a water pump and fan clutch.

• Tightened up the front suspension, did a driveway alignment, and replaced a section of bad rubber fuel line.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• And an extra frame and body. Just enough to sell to someone making a rock crawler

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• New center caps finally came in. They were backordered for a couple weeks. No more looking at rusty wheel centers anymore! Also trying to figure out where/how/if I want to mount this light bar on the rear of the Jeep. Up high gives me a better flood of light behind the Jeep and that's what I'm leaning towards. Suggestions?

I'm also trying to resist the urge to use this as a "get off my tail" light...

• Jeremy, I'm not sure what the out put of that light bar is but at rausch last year we camped next to a JK crowd and one jeep had its windshield mounted light bar on illuminating their camp site. it was outright obnoxious not only was it blinding the people in the campsite but it was also lighting up two campsites on each side of them. We had to ask them to shut it down. You might be better off with a smaller flood pattern set up. Oh yeah the hard top looks good, I like the rear window set up

• Jeremy, I'm not sure what the out put of that light bar is but at rausch last year we camped next to a JK crowd and one jeep had its windshield mounted light bar on illuminating their camp site. it was outright obnoxious not only was it blinding the people in the campsite but it was also lighting up two campsites on each side of them. We had to ask them to shut it down. You might be better off with a smaller flood pattern set up. Oh yeah the hard top looks good, I like the rear window set up

Thanks! I've been trying to put some thought into the hardtop build so that I'm only having to build it once. For the LED, I'll have to look it up to be sure but IIRC it's supposedly 120w... it's only a 20" bar and an Amazon special at that. Im doubtful that it really puts out that much power and illumination. That's another reason why I think mounting it up higher and angling it down would concentrate the light a bit closer to the Jeep and keep the light splash to a minimum. It would definitely not be a long term use type of light. I like my campsites lit by a campfire!

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• I bought one of these and stuck a gopro mount where the center cap should be on my spare tire. Only cost me $20, I don't care in the slightest about not having a switch inside the jeep and it is more than bright enough to light up the ground behind the jeep to make sure I don't forget anything in the sand on the beach. Plus I can remove it if necessary. Waterproof and rechargeable...I just put it on recently but if I have to charge it once a year I'll be surprised.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WHQRQTI/

• I bought one of these and stuck a gopro mount where the center cap should be on my spare tire. Only cost me $20, I don't care in the slightest about not having a switch inside the jeep and it is more than bright enough to light up the ground behind the jeep to make sure I don't forget anything in the sand on the beach. Plus I can remove it if necessary. Waterproof and rechargeable...I just put it on recently but if I have to charge it once a year I'll be surprised.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WHQRQTI/

I like the light that you linked. I definitely want to check that out sometime soon. Have you tested the run time to see how long it will stay effectively illuminated?

Here's the specs on the light bar and a LINK (clickable) if anyone is interested in it... had to pull up the Amazon order from last year. I think I'll run a test lead to the back and light up the bar with it sitting in the different positions. That'll give me the answer I'm looking for as to where I want to mount the light or if I want to look for another option. I've also been looking at some smaller LED cubes.

Specifications:

LED Power: 120W
    Operating Voltage: 10-30V DC
    Waterproof rate: IP 67
    40PCS*3W high intensity LEDS Current draw 16A @ 12V, 8A @ 24V
    Base Color: Black
    Color Temperature:6000-6500k
    Material: Diecast aluminum housing
    Lens material: Toughed glass
    Mounting Bracket: Aluminum firm bracket
    Beam Type: Flood & Spot Beam Combo (8F/24S/8F)
    Beam Angle: 60° / 30° (FLOOD 60°; SPOT 30° )
    30000 hours above life time
    Dimension:609.2mm*78.4mm*138.2mm (24inch*3inch*5.44inch)

• Thanks! I've been trying to put some thought into the hardtop build so that I'm only having to build it once. For the LED, I'll have to look it up to be sure but IIRC it's supposedly 120w... it's only a 20" bar and an Amazon special at that. Im doubtful that it really puts out that much power and illumination. That's another reason why I think mounting it up higher and angling it down would concentrate the light a bit closer to the Jeep and keep the light splash to a minimum. It would definitely not be a long term use type of light. I like my campsites lit by a campfire!

I've got the same (maybe? amazon special 20") bar on the front of our golf cart and you'd be surprised the amount of light that sucker puts out. Personally I don't think you'll be lacking light in any of the positions.

--Ian

• Oh, trust me.. I'm very familiar with how much light these suckers put out. I bought two of these when they were running the promo last year for around $25ish per light. I've been running one on the front of the YJ since then.

It was mounted to the hood but it was causing too much glare. So much glare, in fact, that it was illuminating the interior of the Jeep enough for me to see my reflection on the windshield and therefore distorting my view at night. I relocated it recently and it's now mounted to the top of the front hitch in front of the grill. I thought about mounting this one to the front of the hardtop but low enough and back from the front lip enough to keep the upper LEDs from shining on the hood any. I figured that 2 front light bars would probably be way overkill and I'd rather like to have some light out back of the Jeep as well.

I'm going to head down to the Lums Pond campground tonight and use some test leads or the jumper cables to light it up in the different positions. Might even roll out the sleeping bag and spend the night, who knows!

• I had to change out a transmission torque stabilizer because it stripped coming off. Oh well, the new one looks nice. Can't figure out why the old one stripped.
    this was supposed to show the totally galled threads on the new one, but the picture came out blurry. A fine example of some of the parts these days.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!