What have you done to your Jeep today?

• I think I fried my stereo. :anger:
    It stopped working. Pulling up the Tuffy center console to see if I lost ground ( I had recently had it removed for something else and thought just MAYBE the ground wire disconnected). Then I saw two burn marks in the power wire going to my heated seats. Apparently the console rested on the wire, pinching it through the insulation and making contact with the console. :doh: I liked that stereo too.

Still have to check it out but I'm betting that's the problem. Not holding much for a glimmer of hope. :run:

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I think I fried my stereo. :anger:
    It stopped working. Pulling up the Tuffy center console to see if I lost ground ( I had recently had it removed for something else and thought just MAYBE the ground wire disconnected). Then I saw two burn marks in the power wire going to my heated seats. Apparently the console rested on the wire, pinching it through the insulation and making contact with the console. :doh: I liked that stereo too.

Still have to check it out but I'm betting that's the problem. Not holding much for a glimmer of hope. :run:

I have one you can have. not too high end but will get you by.,

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• NIce! I need to run new A/C lines and a dryer to get mine working in my TJ. I haven't had A/C in there since I swapped the motor back in 2006

98 TJ 5.9L, RE 4.5 SF, 35s, 4XDoctor Rocker Guards, AA SYE, Tom Woods DS
    2012 JKU 3" lift 35s

• New rear passenger hard line on Icky's Jeep. We had upgraded her to disc brakes when the 8.8 went in 10 years ago so along with it came my "custom" lines. I think one of my original bends may have been too sharp as that is where the leak appeared. The new line has softer bends and plenty of anti-chafe wrap.

• Spend two Sundays to gut out the interior of the TJ, from carpet, seat to the whole dashboard. After 17 years, it was so filthy. Behind the dash, the dust from our Moab trips was cleanly visible (1/16" thick red dust). We hit sand storm twice in Moab.

Anyway, I hosed off as much as I can. The dash was badly damaged by the Sun over the years. I found a Rustoleum paint with a perfect color match, and got the dash repainted. Next Sunday, installed carpet and seat back. There is lot of work to bring the TJ back to life.

Jeep TJ 2000 Current upgrade: Digital tire gauge. Next upgrade: On board toilet paper holder :P

• Well after about a 6 month rebuild I've been driving it! I've put about 250-300 miles without any major problems. :driving:

Neill

In a perfect world every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog.

• Bought mine an air impact gun (stubby 1/2" Earthquake), and used it to change a rear shock. Was able to use the tiny 2.5gal tank under the Jeep to feed it. :) The top bolts were fighting me the whole way out (plenty of PB Blaster) and one stopped budging halfway out. The impact spun them out and back in like nothing. :thumbup: Next up: front brakes and swaybar links.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• I finally got around to replacing/rewiring the thermostat on my electric fan. I overheated the jeep last weekend because I forgot to turn the manual switch on.

Who ever owned my jeep in the past was horrible at wiring. I pulled new wires all the way from the cab to the radiator because the existing ones were spliced in several spots and changed color from one end to the other.

While screwing with the wiring I found out why the cb power wire was dead and found a parasitic drain due to a relay wired wrong(always on).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Installed a hitch on the Grand Cherokee. Gotta love cutting holes in a brand new vehicle. Anyone have a connection at newark jeep that might be able to get the computer flashed to activate the lights this weekend? (haven't tried them yet, but I'm told it needs a flash).

I miss the jku,,but I'm enjoying the Wk2. At least now I have a recovery option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replaced the door hinge liners on one of the JKU doors. Rear driver side door has been getting progressively worse over the past couple years - to the point you needed two hands to open or close the door. Got a great deal on TMR's delrin replacements through Dave's Off-road Supply advertised here on DeJA. Getting the door removed wasn't too fun but now the door swings freely. I'm saving the remaining 3 sets for another day when I'm feeling more ambitious!

in

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!