RC Jeep 101 Ideas.

• Weare offering it to guests and members to DeJa. We are not going out to other sites to promote this. Everything will be held within the club.

I wasn't really thinking about inviting another club. I was thinking about something that would help bring in new members to DEJA. Maybe put together a one sheet flyer and give a small stack to a bunch of local dealerships and ask if they would give them out w Wrangler purchases. Something along those lines. Dunno, just thinking out loud.

• I wasn't really thinking about inviting another club. I was thinking about something that would help bring in new members to DEJA. Maybe put together a one sheet flyer and give a small stack to a bunch of local dealerships and ask if they would give them out w Wrangler purchases. Something along those lines. Dunno, just thinking out loud.

I like the idea, but I think it would possibly help more if we had a dealership "Sponsor" the event. I lead a ride every year with RC for Harrisburg Land Rover. It is a great event. Huge BBQ, easy ride, fun facts, and so on. I think that if a Delaership did this, it could be worth it. I am not sure of what all aspects there would be too look into. I do like the idea of just passing out flyers in general and not just putting them at dealerships. We use to have business cards that we handed out, not sure if they still float around here or not.

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.<br />-Frederic Bastiat

• I wasn't really thinking about inviting another club. I was thinking about something that would help bring in new members to DEJA. Maybe put together a one sheet flyer and give a small stack to a bunch of local dealerships and ask if they would give them out w Wrangler purchases. Something along those lines. Dunno, just thinking out loud.

I personally think this should be a member only event. It could encourage people who are on the fence about joining to actually join.

• I personally think this should be a member only event. It could encourage people who are on the fence about joining to actually join.

From one side that is a great idea, but from another side it is not. We are trying to promte the club, not just membership. It would be nice for new guests to go out and see what it is like and have this be their first event. I am not to sure about what participation would be like if we kept it to just members.

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.<br />-Frederic Bastiat

• From the eyes of a potential Deja membership applicant, this event seems like a great idea. Allowing jeepers who are interested in the club the opportunity to come wheel with you all is a great event, and you will be sure to see me there. (Still waiting to pick up a full size spare and fire extinguisher to meet the gear requirements)

• From the eyes of a potential Deja membership applicant, this event seems like a great idea. Allowing jeepers who are interested in the club the opportunity to come wheel with you all is a great event, and you will be sure to see me there. (Still waiting to pick up a full size spare and fire extinguisher to meet the gear requirements)

Well thank you, and we hope that there are more people just as excited about this event. The DEJA required items are normally just a suggestion, though it is a good idea to acquire all of them. You have until April.

• This spring day in Feb. reminded me that April is a month and a half away, and maybe it's time to bring the RC Jeep 101 to the front burner. Our participation in the monthly rides has dropped off and this just might be the thing to get more members back on the trails.

Randy

'88 YJ, 4" suspension, 2"body lift, 456 locked F & R, 35-12.50-15 BFG KM2s on Cragar Soft 8's
    &'03 KJ, 2"+ shackle lift, armor, BBs, 245-70-16 BFG A/T TAs

• This spring day in Feb. reminded me that April is a month and a half away, and maybe it's time to bring the RC Jeep 101 to the front burner. Our participation in the monthly rides has dropped off and this just might be the thing to get more members back on the trails.

Randy

Randy,
    We are moving forward with it and it looks to be the same weekend as the club comp so it should be a great time. Also, you have a PM.
    Billy

• this sounds like a really awesome eveni, i really hope that i can make it up there for this.

something i would be interested in, is some coaching on how to wheel with a locker and learn some of the new capabilities of my vehicle. i just got one and know that while it can help you get out of a lot, you can also get into a lot more trouble. :driving:

• We are looking for the Sunday after the club comp. We think that this may help with a turn out for all weekend. I would like to see a good amount of people show up to root on our club during the comp and then have a great showing for the RC101. We are gathering the last bit of details as I type this and we will post up as soon as we have all of the definite answers. As of right now, are there any questions pertaining to this?

• That sounds great, but the original date of the 25th is Sat., which is the Club Comp. A camp over would be awesome and I'll be there. Let me know what needs to be done.

Randy

'88 YJ, 4" suspension, 2"body lift, 456 locked F & R, 35-12.50-15 BFG KM2s on Cragar Soft 8's

• That sounds great, but the original date of the 25th is Sat., which is the Club Comp. A camp over would be awesome and I'll be there. Let me know what needs to be done.

No the RC club comp started by BMJA is on April 18th.
    http://www.rc4x4.org/rcforum/index.php/topic,4036.0.html

The comp will be on Saturday and then a camp out/beer fest :innocent: will be Saturday night followed by Jeep 101 and trail ride on Sunday. Trust me, it WILL be a great time no matter what.

As Ed said, further details are coming shortly but everyone should plan on it as it will be a blast.
    Details here: http://www.delawareja.com/forum/index.php?topic=23407.0

• Got it now. BMJA Club Comp on Sat. the 18th, and DeJa Jeep 101 on Sun. the 19th. Gotta remember I'm old and slow.

Randy

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!