TheMistaken's D60 Buildup/Install

• Ed, on the front diff cover you had some bolts come loose.... Did they all make it home with you?

Straight six or nuthin!
    1993 Jeep Wrangler Sport w/ splash graphics!
    1993 Dodge W-350 Cummins
    2006 BMW 325xi wagon.

• I knew it looked funny when I typed it, I just didn't care eough to stop what I was doing.

The shock is still bolted up and I have not looked at it yet.

The cover is still on there though leaking fluid all over my floor, I haven't even felt like putting a drip pan under it.

Those two pics are from my camera. I have not uploaded all of them into any gallery at all yet.

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.<br />-Frederic Bastiat

• Of course you annihilated that cone. I believe Aaron was spotting wasnt he. He's good at being told where to drive but not the other way around.
    Looks like you guys had fun, too bad I had to work.

Don (Mall Crawler Spotter on hiatus) Nichols

• Of course you annihilated that cone. I believe Aaron was spotting wasnt he. He's good at being told where to drive but not the other way around.
    Looks like you guys had fun, too bad I had to work.

Don (Mall Crawler Spotter on hiatus) Nichols

:laughabove: :laughing: :laughabove: :laughing:

He did good though... Threw a shit done of rocks. If you look around in the pics you will see one cone that I ran him right into. HAHA

He said that you saw me on the road while i was on my way up. Whatcha think? Too bad you couldn't attend...

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.<br />-Frederic Bastiat

• Been wheeling a few times, driving around the neighborhood a bunch, and one 10 mile each way ride to the DMV. Rides great, steering has no slop or play. No weird noises, launch issues, or anything. It is working great.

What I want to change already...
    I want to get a flat pitman arm since my tie-rod hits it.
    I want to move my track bar frame mount back about 1/2" and raise it some for clearancing issues, but still retain the angles for the draglink.
    I want to get around to putting the hydro assist on if I can ever figure where or how i want to mount it. I have been thinking of going to the DL and not the TR.
    I am going to end up getting drive slugs and 35sp stubs.
    I should have cut the axles down about 1.5" or 2" per side. I would have retained diff clearance/location and still had room for all of the brackets. The rear, thats a given...

All in time. I think this winter I will cut the axles down, possibly replace the front brackets. I am not a huge fan for the Ballistic Fab spring brackets. Nothing keeps the spring from sliding around (though I can make that)

• Well, put on a new CJ pitman arm, moved the frame end track bar back about 1.5" to make room for the longer pitman arm. So far so good. I had to shorten my draglink about an inch, but I now have a lot of steering, like 300% better then before. Better then it was at any point before.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!