TJ to the Rescue!

• I just had to share this...last night during the worst of the snow storm, I pulled two stranded vehicles our of snow drifts -- including a full-size Chevy pickup. My TJ was unstoppable!! Only wish I had presence of mind to take pics. :driving:

When engaged in conversation with a fool, be sure he is not similarly engaged.
    Chief, DEJA Grammar Police

• someone had too much egg nog last night.. :beer:

1997 TJ 4 banger 5 speed, 4.88's, detroit tru track in the front d30, RE 3.5,OME shocks, JKS 1.25" BL, 33" BFG A/T's, Llama bumpers tire carrier, Hi lift

• i snatched an suv out of some deep snow myself. there were tons of abandon cars left on the sides of the roads. a lot of brave souls taking those cars out in that stuff haha.

• I got to yank my neighbor down his drive... he tried to make it out of the garage (that I had to drive it into yesterday(because he doesn't know how to drive))
    he backed out all slow and of course a Hyundai awd on street slicks did nothing but sink to the frame.

he bribed the guy plowing the street to do his driveway, but his suv was still stuck...

I told him that I'd just yank him out... my driveway was untouched 2' of snow... I blasted thru it and proceeded to try to find an attachment point under his rig.

He actually asked me if he could hook up to the spare tire... I should have hooked to his plastic bumper, but I didn't.

couple good yanks and he was out.

and I now remember why I hate pulling out people... the smell of clutch burning don't make James a happy boy,
    not bad... but just a reminder.

• Last night we were minus 1 4x4 at the firehouse and I had volunteered my Jeep. I went out and ended up pulling one of our ambulances 1/2 mile down the road after getting it snatched up from a heavy snow area. Later on in the evening some of my guard buddies ended up posted at our firehouse and we used the HMMV as a quick response vehicle for medical calls and then came with the pickup with the plow and the ambulance. Roads were bad for the ambulance, but not for the Jeep...cruises right along.

• I hate to be a downer, but just for the inexperienced guys....we should clarify that jeeps are horrible for pulling people out of the snow....they may get the job done in some instances, however they are very light with a short wheelbase. If you own a full size truck, you will get better results.

• While you guys up there in Kent and New Castle got sdome good snow, down here in Millsboro we got a whopping 3 or 4". However, friday night on my way home from work, I saw a car go off into a ditch. Being that I was only a few minutes from my house, I ran home, threw on some carhart coveralls and got the jeep out of the garage. Put on some gloves and drove over to the car. A cop, a durango, a stock jeep and a truck were trying to get this thing out. I pulled up and asked if they needed help, they said sure why not. So I spun around, hooked up the winch and a strap and 20 seconds later they were free. Nice and easy. To bad I cannot run a top or doors with the new cage, I got soaked and was pretty cold. Still fun. Just fyi, full width 60s and no flares make some good rooster tails... Too bad it all comes in the jeep.

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.<br />-Frederic Bastiat

• Hmmm...35's, barely up to the rim...exaggerate much? ;)

--Ian

I didn't measure... but the tires were sitting on top of 6-8" packed down snow, not that it matters, but here is a better pic.

when I got out it was up to my knee... without boots on my knee is at 21"...

either way it was fun, and just like anything it always seems bigger when your doing it. ;D

• I hate to be a downer, but just for the inexperienced guys....we should clarify that jeeps are horrible for pulling people out of the snow....they may get the job done in some instances, however they are very light with a short wheelbase. If you own a full size truck, you will get better results.

And out of the sand. A group of people tried to get on the beach last summer in a full size Ford F150 with 2 wheel drive and got stuck up to the wheels. It was getting dark and they asked me to pull them out. I declined and told them I didnt want to cause damage to my Jeep and besides they had no business being on the beach without 4 wheel drive and a beach tag. I called the ranger station for them as they didn't have a cell phone either. DUH!!!!

• i pulled out a Suburban Scion Tacoma Corolla and a Nissan.

.,=======o00o<br />//__|__l__,\___\,___<br />l_---\__|__|---&#91;]lllllll&#91;] _<br />(o)_)____(o)_)--o-)_)__

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!