NEW! 5x5.5 front end conversion for YJ, TJ, XJ, WJ, ZJ, and MJ Dana 30 axle

• FWIW those pics are 'in-process'...here it is completed:

The Reid knuckles are obviously aftermarket but all the rest are OEM or OEM-replacement parts:

Reid Racing D30-44 knuckles: Reid Racing, Inc. - The world's best transmission cases & off road products.
    GM D44 Caliper Support Bracket, 1972-91: PartsMike® Online
    GM D44 Spindles, pre-1987 (these are 6 bolt vs. the Ford 5 bolt mount pattern)
    Ford F-150 hub/rotor assembly’s
    GM D44 stub shafts, pre-1987: Superior Axle & Gear
    Warn Premium lock-out hubs: Warn Industries - Winches, Mounting Systems, Accessories, Hubs, Air Compressors, Flares, Lights, Body Amor
    Pre-1987 F-150 wheel bearings & seals
    Pre-1987 F-150 spindle/shaft bearing, thrust washer & seal kit
    Pre-1987 F-150 calipers and pads

Decent option but IMHO after living w/ a D30 unless I was staying <=35" I'd take the cash and put it towards a heavier axle as this addresses some issues of the D30 but not the housing, c's, or small balljoints.

--Ian

• i still dont like that track bar mount, eeekkk

i am doing the WJ brake knuckle setup right now on my buddies TJ.

Parts List:
    WJ Knuckles
    WJ Calipers (akebono style prefered)
    WJ rotors
    1/4" JKS Hub Spacers
    99-06 Unit Bearings

would have done it on mine but my 99 model has the old style unit bearings :doh:

• i still dont like that track bar mount, eeekkk

There are a couple closeups I saw...it's boxed in and braced, I'd trust it over the POS factory one. It does place the mount in single shear but based on the pics I'd say he's stepped it to 5/8's hardware which is a significant change from the OEM crap. There are tons of people that whine about welding to cast because of stuff they've read on the internet. What they need to do is read about metallurgy and understand the differences between cast iron, cast nodular iron, and cast steel...

--Ian

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!