Place to get tires mounted in Newark?

• Hey. I'm trying to find some place to will mount some tires for me in the Newark area but won't charge an arm and a leg. I had been told to check out J's Tires on Kirkwood Highway...but just my luck, they're closed for the week. :doh: So, anyone know a decent place in the area to get them done? :shrug:

• Did you try NTB on Kirkwood? I took my TrXus there that I'd bought elsewhere and they mounted and balanced them for me. I know a lot of members here use them. Not sure what the cost is, but you could always call and check, 302-995-1689.

• :doh: I'm an idiot. You know I didn't even think to check them. I just assumed that since they were a big chain they wouldn't do outside tires.

Proof positive once again of what happens when you ass-u-me.

• I got my 33x12.50's that I bought elsewhere mounted and balanced at the tire place on S. College across from the stadium (I think they are a BFG shop). They did a good job balancing the tires and mounted the weights on the inside of the tire so you can not see them.

• Quote from "wanderlust"

Did you try NTB on Kirkwood? I took my TrXus there that I'd bought elsewhere and they mounted and balanced them for me. I know a lot of members here use them. Not sure what the cost is, but you could always call and check, 302-995-1689.

i had one done there..mount, balance and stem for 15.99 (33x12.5 xterrain...used tire and rim)

• Quote from "MellowYellow"

i had one done there..mount, balance and stem for 15.99 (33x12.5 xterrain...used tire and rim)

Depends on if they give the VIP discount. I had four 33" swampers removed and mounted on new rims that I brought in for $48. I brought the spare in about a week later for the same thing and they were going to charge me $24 for just the one.

• I will be taking my MT/R's there. I got them to do the last set of tires and got the lifetime balancing.

I asked and they honner the "lifetime" balance even if you offroad and beat up the rims and tires.

:)

• Quote from "Rob Smith"

I will be taking my MT/R's there. I got them to do the last set of tires and got the lifetime balancing.

I asked and they honner the "lifetime" balance even if you offroad and beat up the rims and tires.

NTB on kirkwood did my 37"s too. they are fully aware of what the tire/wheels may be subjected too and have no issues about it. i've had them rebalanced twice now up in whitehall, PA as well at the local NTB - no charge. gotta love the lifetime balancing!
    chris

• How do the MT/R's balance out? My Dunlops were a nightmare and needed over 13 oz. on one tire and only a few on the others.

• i work over at the Tire lube express in camden and MTRs do fairly well dunlops and general muds tend to take a lot... mostly i see bent/flat spots on rims being the main problem for taking so much weight my 33s have like .75oz - 1.5 oz. on new wheels. if your getting a static balance which is only on the inside and dont mind weights on both sides then ask for a dynamic which is the better of the two balancing types then you will usually have less weights on the outside and inside. just my two cents....

-kevin

It's A Jeep Thing...You Wouldn't Understand
    *bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*

• I got mine mounted at a little shop called Toms on 869 in Kembillsville 15 outside of newark. I was charged $10 a tire for static balancing, but i supplied the valvestems.

when do you need them mounted? what size? may be able to do them for you for free

Tom Webster's installing my lift this weekend and was hoping to get them done as close as possible so I'm not running around on my near bald tires. :spinrhead:

• Quote from "Rob Smith"

How do the MT/R's balance out? My Dunlops were a nightmare and needed over 13 oz. on one tire and only a few on the others.

rob,
    i think the most any one wheel has on it is 5.5oz between the inside and out. they seem to do pretty well considering i've had 33"s take almost 12oz before. and that was after rotating it 180* on the bead to find a better balance! :sniffle:
    chris

• Welp, got them balanced and mounted. I went over to NTB first. The guy there gave me a big shpeel about how difficult they are to balance and said I needed to get this powder stuff called Equal. I went down to the Speed shop to ask about it. The stuff runs about $9 per tire. And that was on top of the $95 total that NTB wanted to mount and balance the tires. :sniffle:

Needless to say, I said screw that. I took the other good advice and checked out Delaware Tire Center across from the Bob. They did it in under 20 mins, put the weights on the inside, and did it for $19 a tire. :up:

Thanks for all the help and advice. Now...just gotta get the lift on and get going on the rest of the wish list. :suspicious:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!