Will an 05 steering box work for a replacement?

• Just triple checking..

bought an 05 power steering box to replace my 97.

yes no maybe so?

1997 TJ 4 banger 5 speed, 4.88's, detroit tru track in the front d30, RE 3.5,OME shocks, JKS 1.25" BL, 33" BFG A/T's, Llama bumpers tire carrier, Hi lift

• 97-02 and 03-06 have different part numbers. I believe it's just a hose/fitting thing, but I'm probably wrong. If nobody answers, I'll look further into it after I get to work. :)

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Any one gotta 97-02 box :cuss: :cuss:

1997 TJ 4 banger 5 speed, 4.88's, detroit tru track in the front d30, RE 3.5,OME shocks, JKS 1.25" BL, 33" BFG A/T's, Llama bumpers tire carrier, Hi lift

• Any one gotta 97-02 box :cuss: :cuss:

I am running an XJ box in my TJ. 97-01 style. Got it off of ebay for $20. Might want to check one of those out.

You do own a hairdryer don&#039;t you she asked? Of course I do, he replied, it&#039;s in the driveway, it&#039;s called a Jeep.<br /><br />Current - 97 TJ, 99 WJ, 12 Scion tC<br />Past - 94 ZJ, 02 TJ, 06 Rubicon, 06 XK, 07 Scion tC

• Scott I'm not worried about that at all, I was just triple checking before I ripped this thing out, ill find out either way whether they are the same size or not..if not like I said its not a big deal..

1997 TJ 4 banger 5 speed, 4.88&#039;s, detroit tru track in the front d30, RE 3.5,OME shocks, JKS 1.25&quot; BL, 33&quot; BFG A/T&#039;s, Llama bumpers tire carrier, Hi lift

• Mike salisbury is a hike for me, I appreciate the offer though. :up:

1997 TJ 4 banger 5 speed, 4.88&#039;s, detroit tru track in the front d30, RE 3.5,OME shocks, JKS 1.25&quot; BL, 33&quot; BFG A/T&#039;s, Llama bumpers tire carrier, Hi lift

• 97-02 and 03-06 have different part numbers. I believe it's just a hose/fitting thing, but I'm probably wrong. If nobody answers, I'll look further into it after I get to work. :)

Any luck jerry?

• Did you figure this out Jamie?

I just did the opposite and replaced my Mercedes box with a built Saginaw. Yes the lines are in a different spot but I was able to re-run my old lines so I think you'd be ok there. Changing the bolt pattern wouldn't be too bad but like I posted previously, you would need a longer intermediate shaft to compensate for the shorter box. (I have one if you need one.)

It sounds like more work than it's worth for your application but that's your call. :-\

• Hey bill looks like I'm gonna get the one off mike, just gonna ship it, not worth the headache but thanks for the offer on parts/help. Jeep will be back in my hands full time once the little brother finds the truck he's looking for..so I'm just trying to get everything tight the way I want it, don't we all :innocent:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!