I installed new BFG's With Outlaws

• Here are my new 35 x 12.5 x 15 BFG TA KO's
    I love them. Now I will install my 1" Daystar body lift
    and remove my SR Kit to push the front axle back to
    normal. The wheels are Mickey Thompson Classic II's
    but I have a set of AR Outlaw I's that I'm not sure what
    to do with. Should I swap them on or just sell them
    outright. The outlaw 1's are 15x10 and brand new. Let
    me know your opinion on what I should do?

I Need Seat Covers, If Anyone Has A Set For A YJ !

There is nothing that can't be fixed if you throw enough money at it,

Edited once, last by jonzjeepyj ().

• Both the Classic II's and the Outlaw's are 15x10Here are the two choices....

Mickey Thompson Classic II's with 35 x 12.5 x 15 BFG AT KO's

Stock Pic

Stock Pic Of American Racing Outlaw I

Lets hear your votes ! !

JOhn

• I also like the Outlaws myself. It will only cost me 30 a tire to swap them over. I bought the 35" tire package with the classic II's here on DeJA. I got this set of 5 wheels and 5 tires for $600.00. The tires had less then 1000 miles on them. A customer of jeepdaddybrian's bought them and wanted to go more aggressive. His loss is definitely my gain. LOL! THANKS jeepdaddybrian !

[img alt=Offline]http://www.delawareja.com/forum/Themes/default/images/useroff.gif[/img] jeepdaddybrian « Reply #1 on: 05 May 2010, 20:32:09 »

5-15x10 mickey thompson classic II's 5x4.5bp with 35x12.50x15 bfg at's only 1000 miles on the tires. $600 for all 5 SOLD

4-NEW 17x8.5 dale earnhart cannons chevy 8 lug bp. all chrome with 35" bfg at's half tread left on tires. $1200 for all 4

all are recently mounted an balanced. located in salisbury/delmar

[size=5]Keep the input coming for the wheels. Tell me which one you like better ![/size]

Edited once, last by jonzjeepyj ().

• I like the look of the Classic II's far better... :up:

X2

[size=5]Keep the input coming for the wheels. Tell me which one you like better ![/size]

The whole point of customizing a Jeep IMO is individuality. Make your own decisions.
    Half the mods on my Jeep are because other people hate them. :innocent:

• i think the outlaws are cooler. they will look more 'unique' than the classics because nearly everyone has the O or D holes in their rims. however, i agree with keith about this:[quote author=Keith_C link=topic=28894.msg234975#msg234975 date=1274042817]
    If the wheels you have on there are 8" wide, I would run those.
    [/quote]

do you plan on wheeling this rig? if so, sell them both and get some steelies...

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

Edited once, last by altierior ().

• If the wheels you have on there are 8" wide, I would run those.

I still dont think thats a good idea.. I agree they will hold a bead better, but with a narrow wheel , you loose lateral stability and the wheel will tend to float too much about the center line. A 10" rim would be much better IMHO.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• I still dont think thats a good idea.. I agree they will hold a bead better, but with a narrow wheel , you loose lateral stability and the wheel will tend to float too much about the center line. A 10" rim would be much better IMHO.

Having wheeled both sizes pretty extensively and being a former proponent of 10" width wheels I will respectively disagree on that point. The height of the sidewall plays MUCH more of a role than the rim width. I noticed little-to-no difference moving from 10" -> 8" width wheels but noticed a much larger difference when going from 15" -> 17" wheels. FWIW at single digit pressures you're gonna notice 'floating' in the tire either way but when I conceded and went to 8" wheels I had to reseat beads much less frequently (and never since going to double beadlocks... :razz: )

To the OP: I'd stay w/ the classic II's but like another poster said, it's all up to what YOU prefer.

--Ian

• Ian, I was main referring to the street stability, I checked BF Goodrich website 8.5" - 11" is the recocmended rim size, so an 8" rim would probably be ok then.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• I still dont think thats a good idea.. I agree they will hold a bead better, but with a narrow wheel , you loose lateral stability and the wheel will tend to float too much about the center line. A 10" rim would be much better IMHO.

Like Ian said.

The other benefit to the narrower wheel is they are tucked into the tire more and less vulnerable to rock damage.

I also agree on the sidewall comment. I'm running 17x9 rims now and noticed a difference in highway handling.

Keith_C wrote... I'm running 17x9 rims now
    and noticed a difference in highway handling.

Which way. Good or Bad !

BTW they are both 15x10 wheels

• The outlaw looks like a wheel off a street rod from the 70's...in other words, mullet gay...yup, that gay...there, I said it, deal.

:laughabove: x2 I like the classic II's a lot better, I wouldn't even consider the outlaws (esp. if they would cost $150 to swap over)
    The YJ is looking good :up:

• For the sheer fact of a money savings aspect, I’ll probably keep the
    MT Classics II’s. I really like my mullet grey Outlaw I wheels. Heck,
    I’m 42 years old and graduated in 1985. I guess a 67 mustang or a 72
    Cuda is showing my age. LOL, anyway, at $30.00 a pop to change
    them out, costing me $150.00 ponies, I could much better utilize that
    money elsewhere. I’m really wanting a good set of Neoprene seat covers.
    That $150.00 would go a long way to a good pair.

Up for sale is a set of 5 American Racing Outlaw I,
    Not II, wheels. Make Offer !

Long live the Mullets !!!!!!!!!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!