WHY

• Why after putting in my skyjacker TC drop when i put it in 4 hi/lo it i get popping sounds from my hump. its for for my 95 YJ and its scaring me a little

• get under there and look at it, chances are its not engaging itself all the way into the low or high range gears, they make a bracket that usually resolves this problem as well. When this happened with mine I would get out and turn the shifter on the tcase manually getting underneath of it, until i put that bracket on, but that bracket comes with like the JKS BL and all my searching doesnt show that this happens when dropping the tcase.

1997 TJ 4 banger 5 speed, 4.88's, detroit tru track in the front d30, RE 3.5,OME shocks, JKS 1.25" BL, 33" BFG A/T's, Llama bumpers tire carrier, Hi lift

• Slick he has a YJ not a TJ . Most likely you will find that you may need to cut/bend or clearance the floor around the t/case lever I ran into the same problem when I installed my body lift.

Neill

In a perfect world every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog.

• all he said was he ran into a problem after he installed a TC drop. and the poping he is hearing, means to me that his TC linkage is not right. so he needs to adjust it, or he needs to fix his tc fully, but honestly i would just say he needs to just check his linkage, cause i ran close to 5in of lift and had no issues at all.

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• again...it is a YJ, not a TJ. I agree with the floor clearance issue. I had to re-locate the floor cutout and bend the metal a little or it would hit the metal, and the boot would pop it back in neutral.

• Yea I guess the TJ folks here don't realize YJs don't have that crappy mount under the tub floor for the T/case shifter. :innocent: When you lowered the t/case you changed the angle of the t/case so now when you pull the shifter to engage 4H or 4L the shifter is not moving in its normal path and is now being limited by the floor. Just pull the cover off around the shifters and you will see where its hitting the floor in front of the center console. Hope this helps :up:

Neill

In a perfect world every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog.

• Yea I guess the TJ folks here don't realize YJs don't have that crappy mount under the tub floor for the T/case shifter. :innocent: When you lowered the t/case you changed the angle of the t/case so now when you pull the shifter to engage 4H or 4L the shifter is not moving in its normal path and is now being limited by the floor. Just pull the cover off around the shifters and you will see where its hitting the floor in front of the center console. Hope this helps :up:

guilty there for lack of knowledge about that floor problem, my apologies.

1997 TJ 4 banger 5 speed, 4.88&#039;s, detroit tru track in the front d30, RE 3.5,OME shocks, JKS 1.25&quot; BL, 33&quot; BFG A/T&#039;s, Llama bumpers tire carrier, Hi lift

• thanks all for the suggestions i'll find out how bad i mess it up this weekend when i go to the pine barrens it looks like the screws are backing out also

huh???through my original 3" BL and then with 4" SUA and TC drop, never hit the floor. The LINKAGE IS ADJUSTABLE! what needs to happen is open the bolt on the linkage at the tcase, manually engage it to 4lo on the shifter, then do the same on the tcase, and lock the bolt back down onto the linkage. cutting the floor is only needed for the transmission if its a manual at 2nd and sometimes 4th gears, not the tcase!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!