What are some good camping accessories/gear?

• With apologies to Bill for the threadjack:

No worries. It was technically about hammocks. Not that you'll ever listen but like Keith said...be nice. ;)
    I do miss your banter Trey. Kuntryboy816...don't sweat it. Pretty much everyone has been on the end of tedsbumper's whipping stick at one point or another...me included. I wish DrJ would sign back on. Those battles were better than most. :mrgreen:

Thanks to Steve Dey for actually trying to bring this back on topic. :laughing:

FWIW, the Clark hammock is very nice if you need a full shelter and a tight pack. I own one and like it. If you have room, get a good quality tent from Eureka or Kelty.

When rain isn't an issue, I still love my open hammock and Mil-Spec sleeping bag. I've camped that way solo for years.

• Picked this up at Cabelas. 20 million candle light power and it's rechargeable! Of course the box didn't say it takes 24 hours to recharge and only last 20 minutes at full power. [size=1em]My son has had a blast with it. [/size]

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Some more of my favorites:

I got this at Sam's for fairly cheap. It's great for food prep and the camp stove/grill tray means you can keep all the cooking stuff in one spot and free up the picnic table.

When I go into the wilderness, I still like to party:

I use an inverter to run it. There's some out of the way campgrounds in WV that are deserted certain times of the year. I call it a bear deterrent...depends on the type of bear though...large, gay guys love Madonna.

For those dull moments:

I have a 125 yd and a 300 yd model.

And my favorite of all:

Which goes together with the stereo and the following item:

• I got this at Sam's for fairly cheap. It's great for food prep and the camp stove/grill tray means you can keep all the cooking stuff in one spot and free up the picnic table.

I like. How long ago you pick that up, Trey? I ass-ume you got it at the Dover Sam's? I've always used a old cardtable but it's not very compact and a few years of being exposed to the elements has really taken a toll on the fiberboard crap under the vinyl. Something like that would be a nice upgrade.

--Ian

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!