Wheels with a lift??

• Saturday I am going to Lincoln DE to get my 33's mounted on a set of black steelies. I am curious as to if my 99 TJ with a two inch lift will fit the 33's under it? I know I should get more lift but I don't have the $ to lift it any more. I'm just trying to get everyone else's experience and advice. :shrug:

• Don't know about your TJ but my bro and cuz both have JK Unlimiteds and they put 33x12.5s under theirs w/ only a 3" lift. They still have plenty of clearance under the wheel wells w/o any rubbing issues. I guess it all depends on how much your suspension flexes. I'd say it would be fine for daily driving and moderate offroading.

BTW- you're subject line sounds like a modern native american name. My name is "Wheels with a Lift!" :roflmao:

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• Its do able for the street. That's what tmiller was running and he went to RC that way. It rubbed a good bit but for the street and the beach you will be ok. The biggest thing is how slow it will be but as I said it can be done.

• what do you mean how slow like the top end will be a lot slower?

Well in theory you will have a higher top end, but the engine will never be able to reach it. No what I meant is you will feel the vehicle become much slower off the line as well as a lot harder to keep at speed on the highway. The smallest hill will slow you down. somthing else to keep in mind is it will take you longer to stop then it did before.

Glade to see you are getting it together
    Andy

• this is the rule of thumb.
    CJ/YJ- 2in= 31's
    TJ- 2in= 32's
    JK- 2in= 35's (33's fit stock)

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!