Transmission mount

• Anyone replaced on of these? I've been having alot of rattling that i can feel in the shifter when hitting bumps, upshifting, downshifting etc. I'm wondering if my rubber has worn out and if so it could cause problems like that. I looked between the skid plate and crossmember and can see a small gap. Sound like the culprit?

• Anyone replaced on of these? I've been having alot of rattling that i can feel in the shifter when hitting bumps, upshifting, downshifting etc. I'm wondering if my rubber has worn out and if so it could cause problems like that. I looked between the skid plate and crossmember and can see a small gap. Sound like the culprit?

Very easy fix and definitely sounds like it may be the issue. Go with a poly mount because the vibration issues people say exist, well, don't. And it will hold up...

• Definitely easy to fix. Mine was actually split in 2. I bought a poly and, honestly, it vibes like a mofo. I typically put it in neutral (auto) at stop lights to stop the vibe. I have a new stock one literally sitting here in front of me I need to install one of these days. Poly one is yours for cheap if you want it.

• Definitely easy to fix. Mine was actually split in 2. I bought a poly and, honestly, it vibes like a mofo. I typically put it in neutral (auto) at stop lights to stop the vibe. I have a new stock one literally sitting here in front of me I need to install one of these days. Poly one is yours for cheap if you want it.

Drive over your jeep one day, we'll make short work of it with the impact

and Paul, same goes to you :)

I never even saw a difference from stock. Of course I have a 2006 so it probably just runs smoother than yours to begin with. :innocent:

• Drove up to Bozo's shop, new tranny mount in, took about an hour. Surprisingly skid plate came off pretty easy, no broken bolts. The old one didn't look so bad once it came out, so I thought just pissed $40 down the drain. What a difference! Its like driving a totally different vehicle. No rattles, smooth shifting, and no more vibration :lie: . Kinda makes driving this thing fun again. Now on to the next problem....

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!