replacing brake lines 01 tj

• ok so my 01 tj has seen alot of the beach in its time, the other day i lost all pressure in the brake lines and pretty much all the lines are completely rusted from the master cylinder back. i plan on replacing all lines with help from a buddy of mine that is much more mechanaicly savy than myself. i was just wondering if anyone had any advice and tips to help make things smoother. the jeep is not my dd so time is on our side.

• x2 on PB Blaster and the line wrenches. The nuts will strip sooooo easily with a standard wrench.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• ok, so i always need an excuse to buy new tools ;D , line wrenches can be picked up at any old auto parts store??? i thought about pre-bent lines and the price on the stainless is not to back breaking, does that come with all the fittings and ready to install? is there any prep to the new lines other than bleeding the system? i was also curiouse about abs, i don't see an abs light on the instrument cluster, so i ASSumed that its not equipped. is that correct? its just a standard 4 banger with manual trans.

• If your replacing the lines , cut them off at the calipers, and master, and simply use a socket to remove the fittings. 2x on the OEM bent ones, but you can also do fine bending your own .. just takes much longer and you run the risk of krimping your line.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• ok so brake lines came in yesterday, and after about 7.5 hours today the jeep is back on the road. after a lot of persuasion and some choice words every thing went together perfect. thanks for the feed back guys

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!