350 swap

• I was wondering if anyone knows anything about swaping out a 2.5L engine with a 350 V8. How difficult would it be and are there any modifications i would need to make? What else would i also need to upgrade to make the swap work?

• yes I just did one I have pictures and you can come look at it any time you want to get a Idea of it I live in elkton and you can see what is all invloved with it all or you can call me at 14435536580

• The short... motor mounts, transmission, transmission mount, new t-case or adapter depending on the setup, driveshafts...

Then don't forget small stuff you may new but dont expect. Rad, shifter and cables, throttle cable, wiring...

• Dont forge upgrading the axles bercause they will not live long behind the 350. Basically buy a checy truck and shoe horn all the drivetrain parts into the Jeep. A good refference for parts it Advanved Adaptors. THey have several kits for installing v8's.

Aaron

• Unless you need killer horsepower for thrashing in mud bogs, massive hill climbs or sand drags and you plan on trailering it around, V8 swaps usually end up being way more work, and money than ever anticipated. Truth is, its way overkill. Power=breakage. They are hard to pass emissions too.

Best advice is if you want more power is to clean up your Jeep real nice, make it all stock, sell it and by a nice 95 YJ with an I6 Jeep with MPI. Ultimate cost will be lowest. Power will be much better you will save the most money. T hen you will have a better platform to build on.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• 5.3L chevy hands down. doing one right now with ls6 vette topend you can get them complete with everything(thats accessories harness and computer) for 700-1000 with decent miles on it check out condonsautoparts.com they have alot of them and there about 1hr 45min away

• You looking to stay emissions legal? That's gonna limit you if your profile is correct w/ an '03....gonna need to keep it OBDII. Not impossible by any means but pushes you more towards the LSx stuff (pref. IMHO anyway). A 5.3 swap would be nice in a TJ even w/ a stock motor and they're cheap. Another consideration would be 5.2/5.9's as they're pretty easy to swap into a TJ...hemi's are also doable and have come down in price since dodge has been throwing them in every damn car they make. Either of the mopar options allow you to run stock gauges, the chebby stuff will work 90% w/ the right senders but your tach will be nonfunctional.

--Ian

• Either of the mopar options allow you to run stock gauges, the chebby stuff will work 90% w/ the right senders but your tach will be nonfunctional.

You sure about that?

Every gauge on a TJ is fed via a data bus between the PCM and cluster, including the speedo.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!