No More Racks For Camping Stuff

• Picked this up tonight.

Should serve our needs well.

PO did a spring/over conversion to give slightly higher ride height.

Need to work on the wiring a little, probably paint the plywood and add a tongue jack.

Should be good to go other than that.

Came with a new spare tire/wheel also.

• Not sure of what the bottom looks like, but it looks like it would hold water well! Did the PO have a top for it?

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• I'd put a top on it. That way everything will stay dry.

They way the wood bracing inside is recessed from the top of the plywood, it looks like he was planning on a top.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I'd put a top on it. That way everything will stay dry.

They way the wood bracing inside is recessed from the top of the plywood, it looks like he was planning on a top.

Doubt I will go to that much trouble.

Tarp should work fine for the couple times a year we will use it.

• thats pretty nice. i have been looking at something like that but about 8 ft long so i can put my kayaks in it. i was thinking about doing a soa after i got it, nice to see that on another trailer.

• thats pretty nice. i have been looking at something like that but about 8 ft long so i can put my kayaks in it. i was thinking about doing a soa after i got it, nice to see that on another trailer.

And the PO did it right and welded new perches on to keep the camber the right way.

• Very nice! Looks just like mine (and perhaps yours, too, came from Tractor Supply). Mine tilts, and yours might also.

When engaged in conversation with a fool, be sure he is not similarly engaged.
    Chief, DEJA Grammar Police

• Making me rethink building one.

The military trailers are cool and all but we just needed a way to haul more stuff.

And in reality this trailer could make it back to Kephart with no problem.

We have no plans of doing Moab, so 33"+ tires and all that would just be a waste.

I already built a 5x10' utility trailer so wasn't really looking for another project.

This was pretty much turn key and weighs about 225 lbs empty so it's perfect for towing with the Jeep.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!