*** GWNF Fall 2011 Trip - Report ***

• We are home.

4 days and 4 nights of incredible weather.

Not a single drop of rain the entire time and it was sunny and mid to upper 70's everyday and mid to upper 40's at night.

Hope everyone else had a safe trip home.

Pics to follow.

• Patti and I got there Wednesday, not really sure what time.

It was close to dark, but we got the necessities set up, cooked dinner, and turned in around 10:00 or so.

About 30 mins later Surfrider and Dawn rolled in.

They had some issues on the way there, and I'll let him post the details on that if he wishes.

Our camp the next morning:

Chief57 arrived the next day:

Quantum73 and Wanderlust came in late Thursday night. (I slept through it)

Friday we did Meadow Knob and Flagpole Knob. Nothing too crazy, but 4low was needed for quite a bit of it.

It was great to see Paul back out with us:

Woody and Flutterby came in late Friday evening and we helped them set up.

Saturday some of us drove down to Natural Bridge and checked it out as well as the live butterfly display there and the wax museum.

Here's Patti "copping" a feel on the security guard:

Saturday night we had a good camp meal again and sat around the fire.

Always good times.

Surfrider had brought a couple Jiffypop's so he and Paul had a pop-off.

Paul went with the low and slow method while Andrew went hot and heavy.

Paul won.

Here's video of the aftermath of Surfrider's attempt. (Sorry buddy, Funny shit)

[youtube]

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/youtube]

Took our time packing up Sunday, as we always hate when it's over.

And I must say, everyone loved the rum-soaked cherries dipped in dark chocolate.

Might become a GWNF tradition.

• No issues to report for the ride home . Traffic was decent and we made good time .
    Thanks to all for the much needed break from society . The laughs and the memories .

The View

Me bringing the suck to Jiffy Pop

Natural Bridge

The Water Fall at the NB .

Hanging out

I have a few videos but they aren't as cool as Keith's . ;D

• The weekend was great, and I thank you all for the much needed break, good times, relaxation and un-pineapple upside down dutch oven cake on the fire. It was great to hang by the fire with some of you again, and to meet some new people (and dogs) as well. Didn!'t have my camera, and only took a few pics with my phone, so I'll let others pics tell the story. Along with the popcorn video. Good times people.

Only one small hang up traffic wise on the ride home, an accident on the bridge had a few mile back up, but 495 was clear. I was expecting that to be very slow like the ride down. Got home around 6pm, emptied the Jeep and took off the now useless softtop after destroying the rear window zipper this morning. Put the raingear cover on for now. Jeep ran great considering it hasn't run much at all for quite awhile.

Hope everyone had a good safe ride home.

• We had just about perfect weather! Not a drop of rain, 70ish during the day, 40ish at night. We turned our heater on just a couple times. Great times with great friends and more great memories. And again, I brought WAY too much stuff............but that's how I roll :roflmao:

• Had a good time and a safe ride home. One very strange thing did happen en route home on Sunday. Somewhere near the end of the trip -- between Annapolis and Dover -- the bearing protector (like a Bearing Buddy) came off the passenger side of my popup camper. Lost a lot of grease, of course, and am glad I made it back home without incident. I'm amazed and disappointed that happened.

I don't have many pictures, but I'll try to get them up before too long.

When engaged in conversation with a fool, be sure he is not similarly engaged.
    Chief, DEJA Grammar Police

• Quantum's setup:

Jim's friend Jamie cutting open Paul's foil and declaring him the winner.

One of the Rangers came by Friday morning and said they had had lot's of problems with bears but we didn't see any.

Did hear some strange noises from the Woods. :roflmao:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!