Possible Build

• I am jeepless right now for the first time in 10 years. I went from two rigs to none in a little over a year. Anywho, I was thinking about starting a budget build. I am open to suggestions....I am a bit partial to the CJ7, but not deadset on it....I liked the dash and visibility of my CJ, and was a bit turned off by the lack of such visibility in my TJ. I was very impressed with the abilities of the TJ and felt like coils were pretty freakin sweet (both CJ and TJ were locked at both ends). I have all the tools (minus a bender). I would like to do something like the guy from NY, I can't remember his name, but I believe its a stretched green willy's body on a ford bronco frame. Hell of a nice guy, we have wheeled with him a couple times. Very capable rig, I am not sure if he custom built the frame or not (This dude is everywhere, so most of you guys have probably met him or seen his rig). I am cool with going with "whats available" as far as parts go, ie. engine, axles, tcase, tires, body.....I figure if I am in no real hurry, I could just pick up parts here and there. It will probably end up costing me more in the end, but I would get the satisfaction of building it myself and plus it would spread the cost out over time, rather than having to put out all the money at once. Anyone know if I could get a vehicle titled, if I built it myself? I will try to attach a shot of the rig that I like.

• If you ever thought about something other than a Jeep, how about an old Scout? Old body style from the 60's, not the bigger '70s model. I always liked that body style and you don't see them around. There used to be a bunch in Chriswell's junk yard in PA. (think that was the place).

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I do know of an old scout that i think I could pick up for next to nothing.

Most came with small v8s and front and rear dana 44s. Dana 20 transfer cases. Brake stuff is a little expensive. Nice platforms.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Most came with small v8s and front and rear dana 44s. Dana 20 transfer cases. Brake stuff is a little expensive. Nice platforms.

Not the small body ones. They had Dana 27s front and back.

Except you can literally stare and watch them rust away.

Same with CJs. But if you're doing a frame up modification you can fix those problems.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!