Holiday weekend report

• So I logged 23 hrs of fishin in 3 days. :fishing: Here are the totals:

Friday: 3 fish in the box. 1-34" Striper; 1-29" Striper; 1-30" Blue. All caught drifting eels at overfalls

Saturday: 2 fish in the box. 1-43.5" Striper Citation @ 35 lbs!!! 1-36" Striper. Also had plenty of dogs and a 23" Flounder wrapped in... eventhough we had to throw it back. ;(

Sunday: Some rays, dogs, shortie Stripers and blues.

Friday and Saturday we were on our boat. Sunday hit the surf. Reports were coming in of Bluefin tuna coming close to shore after bluefish on Friday. Saturday there was a report of a 54" Striper caught off Broadkill beach. Still waiting to hear if that report is legit.

• After reading all that, I regret not trying a little harder. Sounds like you had a great time.

We were out all weekend but only slightly fished on Sunday. The weather sure was beautiful, wasn't it? :)

• I got some pics. I can't access PB from work but I will post em later tonight.

Friday and Saturday we launched the boat at 5 a.m and came back in around 2. When we got there there was no boats/trailers at the launch. When we came back the trailers were lined up past the bridge by the MERR institute :rolleyes:

Sunday I had enough boat action so I hit Cape up at 5:30 am. We ended up going to Herring Point. We left around 11 or so once the tide started heading back out. And yeah it was awesome out there!

• Sounds like you had a great couple of days of fishing. Us, not so much... we drifted the inlet Monday on the incoming tide with live eels and were skunked. Tuesday we were went for the duck and saw a few but nothing close enough to shoot so we called it a day without even getting a shot off. Tuesday afternoon we fished from the rocks in the Inlet South side and were skunked on the incoming tossing buck tails and eels. Monday morning skunked again fishing the outgoing tide south side rocks. So I had no luck, can't catch a fish, but will probably be back down there very soon, because like they say, a bad day fishing beats a good day at work.
    :beer:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!