4th Annual Topless for TATA's Wheeling Event ** August 4th, 2012 - DEJA Trail Ride **

• Neil Kathy took some good pictures of you in the hole on the TATA's trail.
    [img width=1200 height=900]http://www.delawareja.com/gall…nloadItem&g2_itemId=40006[/img]
    [img width=1200 height=900]http://www.delawareja.com/gall…nloadItem&g2_itemId=40009[/img]
    [img width=1200 height=900]http://www.delawareja.com/gall…nloadItem&g2_itemId=40033[/img]
    [img width=1200 height=900]http://www.delawareja.com/gall…nloadItem&g2_itemId=40018[/img]
    [img width=900 height=1200]http://www.delawareja.com/gall…nloadItem&g2_itemId=40024[/img]
    [img width=1200 height=900]http://www.delawareja.com/gall…nloadItem&g2_itemId=40027[/img]
    [img width=900 height=1200]http://www.delawareja.com/gall…nloadItem&g2_itemId=40030[/img]

• I had a good time yesterday. I didn't get many pictures on my phone and haven't checked my camera yet so if anyone has an album uploaded, I'd love to see it.

The morning was an easy run but we lost Steve and Luke so we merged in the afternoon. We didn't really hit anything in the afternoon until the rain hit and Geoff and I had to race back to the camp ground. I don't think I could have been more soaked. :doh:

TJ nothing...You should have seen the green YJ that was in our group. It was huge.

That thing is a beast. Traction bar, lockers, bumps, and you should be good to go. :driving:

• Torrential rain + no windshield/tops/doors + doing probably 40mph on the green trails of the NE property sucked. I think we may have inadvertently qualified for the Hammers. :driving: It was a helluva rush going that fast but we could barely see and the rain was actually painful. I had the map with all the trails we did but that, along with everything else, got soaked. We did manage to keep the Tata's check mostly dry.

That hole on the Tata's trail kinda sneaks up on you...Bill and I were talking or not paying attention and fell in it too. I hope they don't fill it in or anything.

• Hey guys and gals!

I need to apologize for something. I had every intention on making a HUGE announcement about DEJA; however, since I was sick and 50% out of touch, I completely forgot. I don't know if anyone noticed but I had notes the entire day to talk about items. I hope that I did not upset anyone with me not making the announcement. When I send out the recap report, I will give your donation the attention that it deserves. Additionally, I wanted to apologize that I didn’t get to say hi to most of you. It took all my strength to make it from the staging area back to the pavilion and take a nap while everyone was out playing.

Anyway, enough about me… Did you guys have fun? I saw the pics on the TATAs trail. What did everyone think about the trail? Did all the DEJA trail guides receive their gift from Rebel Off Road? If ya’ll have any other pics that I can use, please let me know.

One last thing… the sign that was made for the TATA trail that said “DEJA”, it is going to be replaced with one that says “Delaware Jeep Association”.

Thanks again for your support and I hope to see everyone soon!

• I really enjoyed this year, especially having the chance to help out with set up, parking lot layout and bag stuffing. The friday run seeing the new trail was cool too. I could tell you were really feeling bad Saturday , but you pulled it off.

One suggestion for next year.
    - Eliminate the drivers meeting, perhaps a flyer upon arrival. Let the trail guides pass the info on. Let the groups that are ready roll at 9. Also the trail guide should make sure all in their group are registered at the RC office.

thanks for everything!

Steve Dey

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• None of our guides went up for the gifts, we thought that was just for the main guides. :)

Loved the trail, I had Patti's husband riding shotgun in my Jeep and luckily he had gotten out to walk the trail and didn't see me tear up when I saw her name right at the beginning of the trail. A couple of the stumps were a little too pointy for my taste but they'll be smoothed down quickly enough. I'll probably make that trail part of my pre-lunch routine for all of the groups that I guide.

Thanks for all the hard work!

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Some videos:

[youtube]

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/youtube]

[youtube]

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/youtube]

[youtube]

[/youtube]

[youtube]

[/youtube]

[youtube]

[/youtube]

[youtube]

[/youtube]

[youtube]

[/youtube]

[youtube]

[/youtube]

[youtube]

[/youtube]

A few more to come.

• I didn't realized you got video of me on the comp course hill but I'm glad you did. It explains why I was still lofting a tire even with 5 more inches of stretch. (The ORI struts were fully extending.)
    Guess I'll be using a front suck down winch more than I thought. :doh:

• Jerry and Keith,

Thanks for putting up with me and my daughter on the "bunny" trails! Jill has been out with me and the club many times as she's grown up, but this was the first time driving her own Jeep! It was also her 20th birthday on that Saturday.
    Had a great time and can't wait to get a bit bigger to do some harder trails!

Joe

• Jerry and Keith,

Thanks for putting up with me and my daughter on the "bunny" trails! Jill has been out with me and the club many times as she's grown up, but this was the first time driving her own Jeep! It was also her 20th birthday on that Saturday.
    Had a great time and can't wait to get a bit bigger to do some harder trails!

I had a good time Joe.

Jerry and I both commented on how well your daughter did. :driving:

• I had a great time! Since Tim posted up who was in our group I'll just cover the trails run. We started out by heading down to the old registration area with the intention of running the hills and then down Stair Steps, but another group got in front of us and so we went around on L3 and then took the shortcut to C off A. Skirting around traffic again we went to Trail 8 (black) and then to Trail 5 (blue). We then hit the TaTa's Trail. It is a really cool tribute to the cause and being a low green available to all. We did hit the hills at the end which weren't too difficult but had to be negotiated with a little care. While heading back to the pavilion for lunch we ran the 3 Hill section then to C. After a great lunch break we hit the Northeast Property and ran a short section of Trail 35, Trail 36, to Trail 34 (all blue). We picked up Trail 31, and Bob (captain) and ran the black section. Just before the end Glenn tore a valve stem and after a tire change Billy and Geoff joined us and we headed for "AREA 51" and the torrential rain. It was then time to head on back anyway. I was surprised how smoothly everything went and the traffic on the trails was not as bad as I expected. Thanks to all that attended. I'll definitely be back next year!!

'88 YJ, 4" suspension, 2"body lift, 456 locked F & R, 35-12.50-15 BFG KM2s on Cragar Soft 8's
    &'03 KJ, 2"+ shackle lift, armor, BBs, 245-70-16 BFG A/T TAs

Edited once, last by shorebird ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!