• Eureka tents were on my radar too. I looked at few of there 3 person tents and compared them to the EMS sugar shack 3 and they were pretty much equal. One of the key features that made my decision finally was the EMS tent has 2 doors and the rain fly creates 2 vestibules for storing gear. Sort of a Mud Room/ Garage and they back there product at the store so I can bring it straight to them if something is ever wrong with it or tares on it. Granted they will still have to send it out, I just like that extra service.

• Eureka tents were on my radar too. I looked at few of there 3 person tents and compared them to the EMS sugar shack 3 and they were pretty much equal. One of the key features that made my decision finally was the EMS tent has 2 doors and the rain fly creates 2 vestibules for storing gear. Sort of a Mud Room/ Garage and they back there product at the store so I can bring it straight to them if something is ever wrong with it or tares on it. Granted they will still have to send it out, I just like that extra service.

Watch those complicated tents.> They can be a massive PITA to put up. If you can't put it up blindfolded , its too much. Mine is a simple 11 ft square base dome tent. My next tent might have a very simple front end "mud" room. Just to take shoes and boots off in and keep them dry. As for kids, put them in their own tent.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Watch those complicated tents.> They can be a massive PITA to put up. If you can't put it up blindfolded , its too much. Mine is a simple 11 ft square base dome tent. My next tent might have a very simple front end "mud" room. Just to take shoes and boots off in and keep them dry. As for kids, put them in their own tent.

+1 - we have one of those tents and it's the extra features sound nice but they are more trouble then they are worth for me. We use two smaller tents of similar design, the only additional features I like are two doors and very good rain flys that have enough room to serve as a spot to remove and store shoes and other wet stuff.

• +1 - we have one of those tents and it's the extra features sound nice but they are more trouble then they are worth for me. We use two smaller tents of similar design, the only additional features I like are two doors and very good rain flys that have enough room to serve as a spot to remove and store shoes and other wet stuff.

I actually put it to up in the store and it took less then 5 mins with taking everything out of the packing material. It had a really easy setup and break down. I bought it last night, with signing up to there email list and getting a 15% off it came to $279.

• Cool. I'm sure you'll be happy with that. I have some things that I've bought at EMS over the years and have been very happy with them. And their e-mail list is one of the few that I actually pay attention too.

• Cool. I'm sure you'll be happy with that. I have some things that I've bought at EMS over the years and have been very happy with them. And their e-mail list is one of the few that I actually pay attention too.

EMS does have very good stuff, but you have to watch for the sales and special pricing , or else they are usually over priced by 20% +

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Are you looking for a backpacking tent or car camping? I didn't see you mention either. My Big Agnes SL3 has treated me real well.

*bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*<br /><br />&quot;Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. <br />One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.&quot;

• Are you looking for a backpacking tent or car camping? I didn't see you mention either. My Big Agnes SL3 has treated me real well.

Both, but mostly car camping. The ems sugar shack 3 is about 6.5lbs and packs to an ok size so it should work.

• Got a military surplus Bivy sack...takes less than a second to set up lol. Of course only room for one. I tend to pack lightly. Its the old light infantry guy in me. Paid all of 60 bucks for it and it came with a 3 stage sleeping system.

&quot;Always do sober what you said you&#039;d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.&quot;--Ernest Hemingway<br /><br />&quot;Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast.&quot; ---Oscar Wilde

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!