Extremely aggressive tires

• The BOD has to give the Mods a chance to do their job. It's a thread about tires, that got into gearing, etc. Hardly a crisis issue.

One of the primary points to the creation of the DEJA Moderators was to take it off the BOD so they could spend there time on other things. (Changing by-laws, planning events, etc.) :innocent:

And yes, a further hijack. That's all I have to add to this or the other thread.

You know very well I was messing with you.

Nope...not a crisis at all. I just figured John wanted info on both topics and rather than dilute them in one thread I'd offer him the option of splitting them up.
    I offered, he accepted, I did it...BFD...moving on. ;)

• I've been denied some obstacles at RC on these 35 Pro-Comps that I easily walked up on my 33 MT/Rs on my other XJ.

I am considering the idea of going with the MT/Rs, and taking the trail rig down to 33s.

Is that 1" additional clearance worth the added excessive stress on the D30? :shrug:

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• I am considering the idea of going with the MT/Rs, and taking the trail rig down to 33s.

Is that 1" additional clearance worth the added excessive stress on the D30? :shrug:

Anyone? Anyone?

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• I would say go with the 33's...

Anyone else want to weigh in on this? I have a really good deal available to me right now, and am ready to pull the trigger on it.

~ JD

• I vote 35s. Ive watched Sal do some crazy stuff on 33" mtrs but his limiting factor is ground clearance. Sometimes the 33s just dont have a enough size to take up the larger gaps in the rocks. As long a you have halfway built axles and go easy on the skinny pedal you will be fine with 35s. If this isnt a street rig I cant understand why you would want to downsize at all. Lastly, IMHO that XJ will look retarded with that much lift and 33" tires....Just saying. :shrug:

2000 Sahara, All custom...
    2000 Cherokee Police package, Beater....

I may be slowest and the stupidest

• If this isnt a street rig I cant understand why you would want to downsize at all.

It's not.

Lastly, IMHO that XJ will look retarded with that much lift and 33" tires....Just saying. :shrug:

Agreed.

~ JD

• Here is my plan: 35X12.5R15 Goodyear Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar on these wheels.

Thoughts?

~ JD

• Dunno if you saw this...
    http://www.delawareja.com/forum/index.php?topic=36174.0

Is there much difference between putting a 12.5 wide tire on an 8" rim compared to a 10" rim? Would a wider rim hold the bead better at lower PSI's? They'd run about the same pricing minus the shipping. Just a thought as i don't know much about wheel size in comparison to rim size.... :shrug:

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• Hehe you know how I feel about the kevlars, you can't go wrong with them.

I had them before you did - on my dd XJ. :razz: In fact, I think I may have been the first in the club to get them. I do believe they are hands-down the best tire for trails and street. I would not even consider anything else for a dd/off-road rig. I only started this thread to explore if there was something better for trail-only.

~ JD

• 'bout time... :safeyet (there was no "beating a dead horse" ) :innocent:

Here ya go:
    (emoticon thingy borrowed/stolen from NAXJA)

~ JD

• You guys are rough. :doh:

~ JD

• I went with the 35x12.5x15 Goodyear Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar
    on Pro Comp Xtreme Rock Crawler Series 52 Black Wheels
    http://www.summitracing.com/parts/pcw-52-5865r2-5
    These wheels have only 2.5" backspace and are 8" wide. The wheels I replaced had 3.75" backspace and were 10" wide.

~ JD

• the narrow 8" wheel will hold the bead much better at low pressure than the 10". Especially with a 12.50" wide tire.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!