Little red YJ build

• Now that I'm back in DE and computing in the little red YJ 120mi a day I figured it was time to start putting money back into the jeep.

Ultimately I want 33s with 2.5" lift and 1.25" BL. Locked and geared with an 44 out back. And the slip yoke has to go. For now it fixing all the the little things first.

Already installed a Warn power plant HD winch on a $30 Summit racing mount.

Here is what the Ups man brought me today.

Rugged Ridge hd steering
    Alloy 1.25" spacers (due to clearance issues with steering)
    Magnaflow cat
    Crown smooth bent head pipe
    Omix-ada hardtop seal kit
    Windshield reinforcement kit

Also got a new Dynomax cat back too.

-Brad

Straight six or nuthin!
    1993 Jeep Wrangler Sport w/ splash graphics!
    1993 Dodge W-350 Cummins
    2006 BMW 325xi wagon.

• and some sort of DVD/software....

*bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*<br /><br />&quot;Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. <br />One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.&quot;

• 120 miles a day is a hell of a commute. I did that for 2 years. You may want to look at getting a commuter.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• 120 miles a day is a hell of a commute. I did that for 2 years. You may want to look at getting a commuter.

get a old TDI VW Jetta for the commute and keep the Jeep for the trails.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

126/day here for the past 3 years (since we moved back downstate) and hell yes on the commuter. I'm about to get a better commuter to replace my existing one just to get in the 40-50mpg range. I know what gas costs me at ~30mpg...I can only imagine the $$ involved in commuting w/ a 4.0. :laughing:

• 126/day here for the past 3 years (since we moved back downstate) and hell yes on the commuter. I'm about to get a better commuter to replace my existing one just to get in the 40-50mpg range. I know what gas costs me at ~30mpg...I can only imagine the $$ involved in commuting w/ a 4.0. :laughing:

Whats your existing one? You getting rid of it?

• 126/day here for the past 3 years (since we moved back downstate) and hell yes on the commuter. I'm about to get a better commuter to replace my existing one just to get in the 40-50mpg range. I know what gas costs me at ~30mpg...I can only imagine the $$ involved in commuting w/ a 4.0. :laughing:

Same with us - our new vehicle should average us around 45mpg. Between the two of us we're putting 130 miles a day on one and another 35 a day on another.

How many miles are on that YJ? I know the 4.0 will go forever, but it's a bummer that you need to rack up the miles on it this fast...

• As far as commuters go, the Honda Civic I got is great! The lay out of the dash is convenient and the car is surprisingly roomy for a small car. We just drove it 1200 miles this past weekend and were fairly comfortable. I think I averaged 35 mpg. My son has gotten 40 mpg out of it before (drives like a granny).

My new commute is only 10 miles each way so I plan on driving the Jeep more.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• As far as commuters go, the Honda Civic I got is great! The lay out of the dash is convenient and the car is surprisingly roomy for a small car. We just drove it 1200 miles this past weekend and were fairly comfortable. I think I averaged 35 mpg. My son has gotten 40 mpg out of it before (drives like a granny).

My new commute is only 10 miles each way so I plan on driving the Jeep more.

The TDI makes a great option, as he is looking to put around 30-40k /year on it.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Update...

Failed emissions so I started replacing sensors...all of them...no go. So I knew the manifold was cracked so a Banks header went on along with a new water pump while every thing was off.

Failed again. (Also note RR brake was also failing.)

So I read somewhere about checking fuel pressure as there might be a clog in the return. OK lets check.

Not good. 50 psi too high. So I start with the return line out of the rail hoping its the regulator. Nope, too easy. So I continue moving back till i get to the rear x-member. Still nothing, its in the tank..

So Warn skid, along with new pump, filter, straps and soft lines.

PASSED!!!!

So next...

SYE, 1"BL, Stainless brakelines, built HP30 and Currie HP 9"

Straight six or nuthin!
    1993 Jeep Wrangler Sport w/ splash graphics!
    1993 Dodge W-350 Cummins
    2006 BMW 325xi wagon.

• If you don't go 9 inch the ford 8.8 is a good choice one out of a newer explorer will give you rear disc breaks and you keep the same bolt pattern as the front. if your swpping axles may as well do a spring over in the rear.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!