Fishing Report Thread

• I was just north of the inlet on Sunday at Savages Ditch. As we pulled onto the beach and were unpacking, one of the guys we were with that got there a little earlier than us brought in a 39 inch striper. Of course we caught nothing the rest of the day...

That's how it usually works. You see a fish somebody else caught and gets your hopes up for the day. :doh:

High tide was like 10:00 AM on Sunday. I had my fish and was heading home around 10:30. I had got there around 7:00 am to fish the incoming tide, and the bite was good all morning. I saw 4-6 keeper stripers taken off the north side jetty and countless shorties. I bagged my keeper around 9:30, and before leaving I caught 1 more shortie. My buddy stuck around till about noon and he said he only saw 1 more keeper. A few hours before high tide usually produce more at the inlet. The bite overall has slowed down over the past 2 weeks.

• I was out Sunday pluggin the jetties at IRI. I hooked into 3-4 shortie stripers and 1 30" keeper. Been out 2-3 times a week and finally a decent sized keeper :fishing:

sounds like a good time, were you using hard baits or soft plastics?

• sounds like a good time, were you using hard baits or soft plastics?

I used a variety of bucktails/swim shads/rattle traps. I caught a fish on almost everything but the keeper was on a storm swim shad. It was the brown with the red eyes medium size. (5" or so). I also had one chomped in half most likely by a snapper blue.

• Yeah I heard they were hitting @ low tide at herring point I sat out there for a while tossing clams and no luck. Bunker was no were to be found at all.... bought a box of squid and found a sweer spot behind the 2nd trough about 400 ft from the crossing @ herring point... I'm bout ready to gear up for trout and kings though. Its getting that time.

Anytime you take your 20+ year old jeep apart plan on fixing more them you intended.

• There were six of us that drove on Monday at Gordon's pond. Twelve rods and nothing. Used squid and clams. No bunker anywhere. Did not see a fish fought on the whole beach but a good time anyway

• Gordons pond is only good from mid march to about the end of april.... herring pt and naval crossing are the spots to be @ right now.... after july gordons pond is good again.

Anytime you take your 20+ year old jeep apart plan on fixing more them you intended.

• We are heading out now. Going to point crossing. Easier to launch a kayak further up where the surf is mellow. Will report our catchings. Fishing the in comimg tide all day.!

Sent from my Galaxy S3 with Taptalk 2

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• We are heading out now. Going to point crossing. Easier to launch a kayak further up where the surf is mellow. Will report our catchings. Fishing the in comimg tide all day.!

looks lik a great day weather wise, good luck!

• Yeah bob ill be there.... just hit me up when you hit dover area.... we will caravan down and squid is the bait of choice right now.

• Great weather, lousy fishing. Saw 1 skate caught. At first a land breeze brought in bugs, then it reversed and we had a cool sea breeze.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• all loaded up and heading down tomorrow, not sure what beach/crossing but am pretty sure it will be at CHSP .................here fishy, fishy, fishy..... :fishing:

• all loaded up and heading down tomorrow, not sure what beach/crossing but am pretty sure it will be at CHSP .................here fishy, fishy, fishy..... :fishing:

Just remember the Nascar race is in Dover this weekend so hope traffic isn't too bad for you.

Neill

In a perfect world every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog.

• Was down Monday on Memorial Day @ 3R's... We barely even got a bite.. Bunker chunks (frozen), Mullet, and Squid. I think it was the quality of the bait that didn't help, but nobody was catching anything and the beach was full. This was between 930am - 1:30pm, high tide was 11:30am that day... a little after 1pm we ran out of beer, so it was time to go :upset:

Might try again tomorrow morning with the wife... I think we will try Key Box this time

• Well.... bob and I went out today and caught a handful of croakers and kingfish. Bob took the win with a spider crab.... go figure.

• Cape Henlopen State Park, Mike forgot to mention the skates, and sand shark as well as his nasty sunburn... I swear there were singed hairs on the top of his head :laughing:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!