Anthracite & RC Pics

• Both of us had a blast, even though we got caught in that freak thunderstorm :)

And here's all of us on trail 5 (HD versions if you watch on youtube):

Sal. 3 min 20 sec:

[youtube]

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/youtube]

Aaron. 1 min 38 sec:

[youtube]

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/youtube]

Ed. 1 min 21 sec:

[youtube]

[/youtube]

Pat. orig 13 min (sorry had to trim it to upload ... so close so many times I will see if I can host it another time/place) :)

[youtube]

[/youtube]

• That was a good time at Anthracite. It was great meeting and wheeling with you folks. Thanks for putting up with the mighty WJ. I had a bad feeling about that spillway where I broke my axle shaft, especially in that downpour. I should have listened to my gut and bailed out to the right. Oh well... its time to upgrade now!! Anthracite looks like its going to be fun to wheel once its opened up as a business too. Now if someone would just put a full service campground 5 miles away, it would be perfect.
    Thanks to AAA, the WJ is home in my driveway. I am trying to decide if I want to source a D44A out of a WJ with a V8 (re-gear it/lock it and swap it in), or just see if they have alloy shafts for the WJ D35. I am leaning towards finding the D44A, but I am a little scared of an axle with an aluminum center section. I should really just build a regular D44, but I have to check the WJ width to see what matches. I found a few other issues with the WJ too, so its going in my garage tomorrow for some major overhauls.
    A.

• I had a great time, nice pics! Irish Valley is a well maintained campground, and the owners are really cool, although they didn't get the full DeJA camping "experience". I don't think they would tolerate the Big Dogs behavior. The bath house was clean and since Glen was the only one to take a shower he'll have to comment on that. I recall that in the original plan AAOC is going to have a campground, which would be perfect. It's only a 4 hr 10min drive for me, which was the same as Paragon, so I can easily drive up and back the same day. That included the extra 15 min from the campground.
    The comment was made that the trail ratings were harder than RC, but the ones we ran were about the same, I would say low Blues. The next time I would like to kick it up a notch and try a few blacks, but all and all a perfect intro to the park.

'88 YJ, 4" suspension, 2"body lift, 456 locked F & R, 35-12.50-15 BFG KM2s on Cragar Soft 8's
    &'03 KJ, 2"+ shackle lift, armor, BBs, 245-70-16 BFG A/T TAs

• Yeah as for ratings, we ran blues... I'd rate them low-mid blues compared to RC ratings, with a couple of harder obstacles. I got hung up pretty good once, but that was due to me not following my gut and listening to the spotter. lol I KNEW I wouldn't clear that rock.

I only got a few pics.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• I want to thank Stomper for taking the ball and handling the logistical stuff after I found out I couldn't make it. Looks like he did a great job!

I'm definitely looking for feedback on AOAA and how often it should be on the calendar. Thoughts on switching the October/November run to AOAA or sneaking an "unofficial" one in for December? I was thinking it's a twice a year thing replacing the Big Dogs Spring Fling next year and one other trip. Did the trail guide say anything about when they might be officially open?

• I can't stand not having a personal PC! Between my phone and the work PC, it's a PIA trying to see pics. The posted pics I can see on my phone but not at work... well that's not entirely true. I can see Jerry's pics but not the YouTube or Photobucket pics on the work PC b/c of the work filters. I'm guessing Jerry's are in the DEJA gallery... which oddly enough the work filters will allow. :bang: When I go to the Photobucket pics on my cell there's a :censored: Subway ad that pops up AFTER EVERY PICTURE!!!!!! That lasted through about 5 pictures before I wanted to throw my phone across the room. Damn you Jared!!! :laughing:

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!