best place for tires?

• If local, Delaware Tire Center will work with you on prices...and you'd be surprised at what you can order at Sam's Club for a good price. Online, then I like The Tire Rack for their prices. But also don't skip over Quadratec as I'm sure they'll work hard to match most online prices once they know you're a DeJA member.

• The guys are the Goodyear shop on rt40 by 1 are great, I've been meaning to write a post plugging them. When I bought my 35 MTR's a couple years ago they were able to find me 4 in less than a week when other places told me they were on national backorder for months, they let me buy road hazard for them and so far have replaced 2 of them (don't ask, I destroy tires :) ). Not pro rated based on tread depth, they just replaced them and only charged for the mount/balance.

• OK, Going to stick with 33"s.
    Calles Sams club-NO go.
    Called walmart- No go.
    Called tire king last week but was quoted some crazy delivery price and mount ball at tire I was told 40ish per tire? IDK
    Pep boys said they could order them in and price was good when I was there last week but today called and got different story.
    I will call the place in Camden tomorrow.
    DuraTracs are the brand everyone is saying to go with.

• Don't you work at a dealer? You guys don't have any tire distributors?

Yes and no :rolleyes: . Waiting on prices from them. I think they get them from tire rack but as far as mounting and balance it a game to get an answer. I will know tomorrow the price and if they can balance them on there machine or not. If the price is good I can take them elsewhere to be mounted if need be.
    Was looking for BEST price out the door done.

• Yes and no :rolleyes: . Waiting on prices from them. I think they get them from tire rack but as far as mounting and balance it a game to get an answer. I will know tomorrow the price and if they can balance them on there machine or not. If the price is good I can take them elsewhere to be mounted if need be.
    Was looking for BEST price out the door done.

If they are getting them from tirerack wholesale their cost is $163 a tire. A nice tech would probably pop them on after hours for $50 or so.

• I've had good experiences with Palumbo's Goodyear on route 40 in Glasgow (just west of rt 896). Family run business and they say they have or will meet the best prices.

• I just got 5 Duratrac 33's (LT285/75R16) at Soundfx in Lewes. They matched Tire Rack and Quadratec and the install was reasonable and professional. If you check ask for Brian (manager). Good guy and Jeep owner. I get most of my work done there. They are competitive and have good mechanics.

• If they are getting them from tirerack wholesale their cost is $163 a tire. A nice tech would probably pop them on after hours for $50 or so.

You would think :upset: . Tires are $195 each and mount and balance is $112.00 for four. Some deal huh?
    I called a few places today and it is funny how much the prices are all over the place as well as mount and balance charges. Still looking but so far place in Camden is looking like the best on line.
    Thanks for all the input though :up: :up:

• Theres a place in smyrna that charges 10. Just paid it today. Theres another north side of dover that charges 15.

Anytime you take your 20+ year old jeep apart plan on fixing more them you intended.

• 25 years ago when I was spinning wrenches the deal most places was free mount and balance when you buy the tires. And our shop only marked the tires up 10 bucks a piece. Not quite the case anymore.

John

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!