** DEJA Trail Ride @ Rausch Creek - Sat Feb 22 2014 **

• This will be my first time and what does the colors you guys are posting about?[font=Verdana]

1. TheDarkSide Green/Blue
    2. Keith.eric Green/Blue **Tentative**
    3. Tattookid85 green/blue/black/red
    4. Scrambled8 green/blue
    5. Hookedonthebay blue/black
    6. Daddanelena blue/black
    7. ConcreteCharlie - Green
    8. FZMax - Green/Blue/Black
    9. Shorebird blue/black
    10. Slowpoke - blues & blacks
    11. Acidcrashdburnd - Color?

1995 Blue 2 door XJ<br />2002 Grand Prix GT<br />2005 Grand Prix GTP

• This will be my first time and what does the colors you guys are posting about?[font=Verdana]

From RC's website:

What are the trails like? The trail network consists of existing forest roads and trails that were cut open by hand with the help of several 4wd clubs. The trails are marked with signs and maps are provided. The trails are rated green (easy), blue (intermediate), black (hard), and red (extreme). Several trails have many bypasses so that groups of different levels can run a trail together. If you like mud, check out the West property, several of the green-blue trails are very muddy. When you check your group in, speak to one of the club officers for help in picking trails to run. Our parking/staging area is located on the perimeter of the forest, so you will encounter trails of all levels within moments of your group leaving the parking area.

• Tim and I are in.

1. TheDarkSide Green/Blue
    4. Scrambled8 green/blue
    9. Shorebird blue/black
    12. Stomper blue/black
    13. JKRanger08 blue/black

• Justin - usually there is someone who has a strap or winch but if you have one I would definitely recommend bringing it. Make sure you have recovery points front and rear. There is a 'what to bring' thread somewhere I'm too lazy to link to at the moment.

Shorebird/Stomper both registered for blue/black. Who is leading the green/blue group? (doesn't have to be an official trail boss)

• The "Trail Gear " is in the FAQ's section, get what you can, but I'm sure your Jeep is ok as is. I'll be guiding and will be happy to guide the green/blue group. The way the trails are laid out at Rausch it's not much different than the blue/black we'll just bypass the sections you're not ready for yet. It will also give you a chance to see what running the higher trails is all about. Check out the RC site at http://www.rauschcreekoffroadpark.com. The costs and the necessary membership and registration forms can be found there. The park office opens at 8:00 and we try to get on the trails between 8:30 and 9:00. There's no place to buy lunch at the park so be sure to bring lunch and something to drink.

'88 YJ, 4" suspension, 2"body lift, 456 locked F & R, 35-12.50-15 BFG KM2s on Cragar Soft 8's
    &'03 KJ, 2"+ shackle lift, armor, BBs, 245-70-16 BFG A/T TAs

• Tremont, PA 8:37 AM EST on January 23, 2014 (GMT -0500) Elev: 1181 ft Lon: 76.4° W Lat: 40.6° N

SourceRapid Fire Updates™ Updated [color=rgb(0, 0, 0)]1 sec ago[/color] Get Free Weather Stickers® Share

Tremont Weather at a Glance Weather Station - Report - Buy a StationPalo Alto, Pottsville Elevation 663 ft Station Select Now [img alt=Mostly Cloudy width=44 height=44]http://icons-ak.wxug.com/i/c/k/mostlycloudy.gif[/img] Mostly Cloudy Temperature [color=rgb(0, 0, 0)] 1.0[/color] °F Feels Like 1 °F Wind(mph) [color=rgb(0, 0, 0)]1.6 [/color]
    I'm pretty sure that Lake Christy is frozen today ;D

'88 YJ, 4" suspension, 2"body lift, 456 locked F & R, 35-12.50-15 BFG KM2s on Cragar Soft 8's

• 1. TheDarkSide Green/Blue
    3. Tattookid85 green/blue/black/red4. Scrambled8 green/blue
    9. Shorebird blue/black
    12. Stomper blue/black
    [font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]
    14. Tngent and Lovmi3kidz (tentative) - green/blue
    [/font]

• 1. TheDarkSide Green/Blue
    4. Scrambled8 green/blue
    9. Shorebird blue/black
    12. Stomper blue/black
    14. Tngent and Lovmi3kidz (tentative) - green/blue
    15. DJS DAD - Green/Blue

I too have never been to RC nor have I ever done any real wheeling other than driving though all mud I can find. I will probably need some coaching.

When a man lies, he murders some part of the world.&nbsp; These are the pale deaths, which men miscall their lives.&nbsp; All this I cannot bear to witness any longer.&nbsp; Cannot the kingdom of salvation, take me home.

• Tremont, PA 8:37 AM EST on January 23, 2014 (GMT -0500) Elev: 1181 ft Lon: 76.4° W Lat: 40.6° N

SourceRapid Fire Updates™ Updated [color=rgb(0, 0, 0)]1 sec ago[/color] Get Free Weather Stickers® Share

Tremont Weather at a Glance Weather Station - Report - Buy a StationPalo Alto, Pottsville Elevation 663 ft Station Select Now [img alt=Mostly Cloudy width=44 height=44]http://icons-ak.wxug.com/i/c/k/mostlycloudy.gif[/img] Mostly Cloudy Temperature [color=rgb(0, 0, 0)] 1.0[/color] °F Feels Like 1 °F Wind(mph) [color=rgb(0, 0, 0)]1.6 [/color]
    I'm pretty sure that Lake Christy is frozen today ;D

Years ago I was wheeling at RC in the snow and came to a big wide opening that didn't look familiar. A few of us put it in 2WD and started hauling ass doing donuts and having some fun, it took us a good 10 minutes to realize we were on top of Lake Christy. Needless to say, we moved on quickly. The ice must have been really really thick.

• Never being at RC, is it hard to get back to the main entrance? I'm probably going to have to leave at 2pm.

When a man lies, he murders some part of the world.&nbsp; These are the pale deaths, which men miscall their lives.&nbsp; All this I cannot bear to witness any longer.&nbsp; Cannot the kingdom of salvation, take me home.

• Never being at RC, is it hard to get back to the main entrance? I'm probably going to have to leave at 2pm.

If you (or any others) let your guide know that you have to leave early, arrangements can be mad to get you back to the registration area. The park rule is that no one rides alone and we at DeJa agree with that rule especially for someone that is not familiar with the trails.

Tattookid85. It looks like I will have an open right seat, and I'm sure there will be others!

• Thanks Randy, sounds like a good plan and I definitely agree with the no one rides alone.

• The snow report from Lynn at RC last week was, snow on the trails but passable, park open. The forecast for Sat. is partly cloudy high around 45. Should be fun!!

• Guys due to the weather the past few weeks I'm way behind on work. I'm going to have to bail on the trip this weekend. Sorry

Sorry to hear that, have you heard any current reports from RC, and is Tim gonna be able to make it?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!