Question for Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac users

• I have read all over the internet and the Duratracs seem to be the go to tires for what I am building, can anyone give me any feedback/experiences I was looking at those or the BFG KM2's. I will be using 33x12.5 R15 tires.

1995 Blue 2 door XJ<br />2002 Grand Prix GT<br />2005 Grand Prix GTP

• Trails with light/medium mud and water crossing, no rocks, and snow traction in the winter.. I have read that the Duratracs have a thinner sidewall so that can lead to trouble on the trail and that the KM2's are awful on any type of wet on-road surface.

• I was able to find them for $615 shipped with a discount at 4WD.com I have access to the tire mounting equipment at the Nucar in New Castle, BUT 4wd says they have a 90 back order.. SO I may look into Mr. Tire I have two near me, Middletown/New Castle and I might be able to get them at wholesale. Does Mr Tire offer a road hazard warranty?

• they should be a great tire for what you want. i have them on my truck at work and i like them a lot. smooth and quite on the road, good wet and snow traction on the road, and pretty decent for a non-mud specific tire in the sloppy stuff.

• Got my 33-16's a few months age. Love them. Much quieter and a smoother ride than the MTR's I replaced. Great in rain, sand and snow. Mildly aggressive look.

• I love the Duratracs, my jeep is my daily and they handle and feel great on the road and are fearly quiet for being 33x12.50's. And as far as off road, they have handled great on Sand, dry dirt and rock. I have not really played a whole lot in the mud with them. The little I have they did the job. My last trip up to Rousch was a lot of fun, I'm not a heavy wheeler because I do have to drive it home but I have fun and they dont skip a beat. And at the time I bought them last they were cheaper then the KM2s my next choice. I Recommend them all the way.

• Goodyear also has a rebate going right now. $80 rebate if you buy them cash. $160 rebate if you get their goodyear credit card and buy with that. I believe it's interest free for a certain amount of time. You can apply for the card right at me tire. I was gonna do it and just pay the entire balance when I got my first credit cars bill, but I can't fit a 33" tire and all goodyear has in 32 is the mtr with Kevlar. I don't need that so I'm not gonna pay the big bucks for em

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!