TV Show - Alaska Offroad Warrior

• anyone watching?
    5 teams race across the state of Alaska in a stage style race. modded CJ, RR discovery, and a few others. I watch history channel all the time and never saw a commercial for it. someone at work told me and I just watched the first two episodes ondemand last night. its MUCH better than that show a while back with the "driver and chef" in a tj

History channel sunday nights at 10, or all episodes on demand with Comcast
    http://www.history.com/shows/alaska-off-road-warriors

• I've been watching it. It's ok, with the required drama added in by the editors. From what I've heard though, the Alaskan crews are from a fairly redneck area so they may not be too far out of character. Lol

I'm rooting for Super Jeep... The driver seems to be the smartest and most experienced of the bunch. No drama either (although his codriver seems to have enough of that). He brought sand ladders and the only land anchor. Seriously, why did none of the others not bring one? One team is hammering a hilift into the ground with good success, though. I'll have to remember that trick.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Why do none of them wear seat belts?

What I don't like is the competition of it all. When I've been off roading with this group it's a no man (or woman) left behind and a fun thing. So my fear is that someone who has never experienced that sees this as "normal" and then comes out and acts a fool.

• I just watched an episode. It's dumb...... but I've got nothing else to watch right now and at least they show a decent amount of wheeling. Holy friggin rednecks though. Plus it's too cold in my garage to wrench.

• I'm watching again and it just dawned on me that superjeeps driver is Carl Jantz from Jantz engineering. He's the one that makes the ring and pinion hybrid kits.

• just watched the latest episode, love the wheeling footage and scenery. it's all good, not sure if the first episode was more/over the top with the drama, but that's what you generally get with all the reality tv shows nowadays. definitely will watch another.

• I just binge watched the 5 that are on-demand. The first episodes werent on there. I just cant stand the two brothers and that fat albino guy with the mullit. The scenery is awesome! Too much mud though!

• They are online at the channel's website, you can stream from there or if you have a history channel app on apple tv or such to get the first one

Haha, they're not exactly normal.

Only thing is that they don't wear seat belts.

I think it's true wheeling though. They're out there, camping, packing up, and traveling without a paved road. It's very cool.

• I pulled it up with OnDemand last night to see what the hype was about. I guess I missed the 1st couple of eps but I watched the 1st three that they had. I stopped when Mr. I-am-the-world's-best-offroader toasted the RR's engine. Womp womp womp I'll catch the rest when there's nothing else better to watch.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• I've been watching the pirate thread... Carl and one of the Rover guys is on there. And a couple are on a Facebook group... I like it better knowing the behind the scenes stuff.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Woohoooo! SuperJeep won!................ okay this post is more energetic than the finale was. :doh:

How does that guy, Butch, get out of bed in the morning w/o having a heart attack?!?! I'm surprised he can stand up w/o fainting. I've never seen somebody get that worked up over heights! I was hoping that head bashing :bang: he took would straighten him out but apparently not. That's exactly what those fools deserve for not wearing seatbelts or harnesses. IIRC the one brother in the 4cyl Yota had a pretty good mark on the top of his dome too.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• I dident watch it yet but thats no suprise. If you check out his jeep on pirate thats actually a pretty built rig. I hope this show comes back but a little less redneck and with less mud. Maybe if they made the contestants compete to get on the show. That Butch guy and the white trash yota guys are hard to watch though.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!