Help p1495 code

• Jeep started running really rough, exhaust sounded almost like a mustang 5.0(but not really), shaking under load, and lack of power. I did a bit of google research...checked vacuum hoses for leaks and looked at the little filter. Nothing jumped out at me. Any thoughts?

• Check your vacuum hoses again. Particularly the elbow that runs into the side of the intake manifold. Sometimes they will look ok but have hairline cracks in it. You will likely hear it sucking air if its a bad crack. Otherwise, those leak detection pumps can be bought at auto zone. You could have something else wrong too. Id prob clean the IAC valve and possibly the throttle body while your at it.

2000 Sahara, All custom...
    2000 Cherokee Police package, Beater....

I may be slowest and the stupidest

• I'd be looking at that solenoid. Typically codes that have a circuit in the description are an electrical fault. If you has a cracked hose you would likely have a leak code or some sort of performance code. Alldata shows that pump has 3 circuits, a red and 2 white wires. the red is ignition power and the other 2 go to the pcm for control and a reference. You can check power in pretty easily, but the other 2 may be more difficult to test. You would really need a tool to actuate that valve through the PCM to be sure. You could test the wires if you felt so inclined, or just pull the valve out and see if its full of junk. They tend to suck in debris and water and fail.

Also not really sure, but I cant see that causing a rough idle. But stranger things have happened :shrug:

• Google it there a ton of threads on it. Its an issue with the evap pump. We had to add one to your motor because the xj computer u had needed it.

• Not Fixed :censored: after replacing the pump, it ran perfect for two runs then started to act up again, but off and on. few seconds good, few bad. steady good, steady bad.

SO...I replaced the pump and the 1495 code is gone. the other code (from the pic the 1495 was code 2 of 2), is cyl 2 misfire. Ive had this code off and on for about 3 years now with no noticeable issue. the check engine light has recently been on for a while so when it started running poorly, I scanned it and thought the new symptom was from the new code. guess the misfire just got worse.

the engine is a jy motor from an xj that aaron put in 3 years ago. since the misfire is intermittent, I am assuming it is not a compression caused mis. that leaves fuel and spark. last night, removed the plug wire and there was no noticeable change in the crappy-ness of how it ran. unplugged the injector and also no change in the crappy-ness of how it ran.

I guess the next step is to pull the plug, hold it against the block and see if its sparking? if so, replace the injector. if not, replace cap, rotor, wire and plug? I guess I could also swap the 1 and 2 injectors, but would not like to pull the fuel rail if I don't need to.

thanks in advance for any input

• Isnt there like 250k miles on that motor? It could also be a lot of carbon on the valves. I would do a compression check before replacing anything.

• Isnt there like 250k miles on that motor? It could also be a lot of carbon on the valves. I would do a compression check before replacing anything.

I think its closer to 200, but it is pretty high. ive run sea foam through the intake a couple times, but ill try a compression check.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!