FEELER: '99 XJ trail rig, or part-out

• What do you guys think?

I could likely get more for it were I to part it out, but what a pain in the ass that would be.

>>>>>>>>>>
    1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ. It's been wheeled hard. :innocent:

103k miles, runs great
    NP242 transfer case
    Power windows and locks
    Mostly somewhat white, with a silver hatch and door
    Removable front doors
    Vented hood
    Carpets removed, floor rhino-lined
    5" lift (or thereabouts, I think)
    Armored - TC skid, engine skid, rocker rails, and diff covers
    Rear quarter panels cut and folded
    Ford 8.8 rear - spooled
    D30 front - Detroit locker
    Currie Steering
    and Cruise Control :roflmao:

Some other stuff I don't recall at the moment

The D30 housing is likely tweaked, as it frequently breaks shafts, and it is difficult to seat a replacement shaft into the differential. I have a replacement D30 housing ready for swap-in.

I am keeping the wheels and tires. I can swap an old set of stocker wheels onto it so the buyer can move it.
    <<<<<<<<<<

So whaddaya think? Where do you think I should price it? In addition to here, I will probably post it on NAXJA and the Rausch Creek forum and maybe craigslist.

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• For anyone wondering why I was posting pics in old trail report threads: Now you know.

I will repost the pics here for anyone who didn't see them on those other threads.

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• It's starting to look like this might be a part-out.

~ JD

• You can certainly do better parting it out. If you have the tools , pulling all the parts s not that bad, I stripped the 93 that I bought for the engine swap, and it actually went pretty fast. doors, lift gate, hood, seats, bumpers and fenders are like 3-4 hours. You could easily have it down to the body in a day or or so with a little help .. Store the parts and start selling on craigs list. Take the body and title for recycling.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• You can certainly do better parting it out.

I know. But I just have so many things on my plate right now that I think it is in my own best interest to just be done with it in one shot. I think I may have a buyer.

~ JD

• one of the responses to my Craigslist ad:

"Willing to trade an AR-15 for your jeep?"

~ JD

• Was it an M&P Sport with extra magazines and a bunch of ammo? I got the same offer for one of my Jeeps. I might even take it, it's a nice gun.

Smells scammy, if you do this, make sure its done at a police station.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!