Front Spartan locker

• I have a Spartan locker for my front Dana 30 on my XJ, but it's also my daily driver. Should I have any worries if I install it? Or will I just mainly hear the clicking when I turn? (Heard the sound in videos I've research)

My White 96 XJ is my obsession.<br />My Jeep is a work in process, but doesn&#039;t mean it can&#039;t do what yours does. <br />Don&#039;t Tread On Me!<br />Jeeps don&#039;t get speeding tickets, they get tickets for being Badass!

• X2. It'll be invisible when in 2wd, aside from a ratcheting sound in turns. But, even that isn't too bad depending on the oil you use, you'll quickly forget about it. The biggest change will be driving in snow (turning radius will increase), so don't think that you're suddenly driving SuperJeep because it has a locker, drive like you normally would in the snow... Offroad, you might notice the turning radius increase, but it's not too bad... certainly not bad enough to outweigh the traction benefits.

Throw it in and enjoy!

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• The only thing is I'm not sure if I have all the parts to it

My White 96 XJ is my obsession.<br />My Jeep is a work in process, but doesn&#039;t mean it can&#039;t do what yours does. <br />Don&#039;t Tread On Me!<br />Jeeps don&#039;t get speeding tickets, they get tickets for being Badass!

• Pretty sure there are 4 pins and 4 springs in the bag.

That's it? That is all the parts that are in an Aussie? I've never seen one laid out like that. I would have thought it was a more complex mechanism that what I see there.

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• Should I have any worries if I install it? Or will I just mainly hear the clicking when I turn? (Heard the sound in videos I've research)

One thing about winter driving is, you'll have to get used to not accelerating in the turns. As soon as you give it some throttle the front locker will hook up and you'll be fighting the steering wheel. It's completely manageable though, once you adjust your driving habits.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Only difference in the Spartan is the pins are not accessible from the outsides. It will come with small toothpick sized pins to put in side holes that hold your springs down during install.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!