• I know a lot of you on here are hunters. I'm looking to get into it. I'll be getting the hunters safety course out of the way next month hopefully. (My understanding that I need that for a DE permit?)

Any advice on where to start from someone who knows little to nothing about it. Haven't decided whether I'm looking at bow or shotgun, what are the pros/cons?

• Get the best of both worlds... Bob's selling 2 crossbows. I haven't hunted for the past 2 years but I do want to get back into it. Yes, you'll need to take the Hunter's Safety course in order to buy a DE license. I love archery bc there's more time to hunt and it's challenging.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• I'm not a bow hunter and for that matter I haven't hunted in years. If you do decide to bow hunt practice, practice, practice. You don't want to injure an animal because you are a novice at shooting a bow.

X2

But that being said, bow hunting gets you up close and personal with whatever species you are hunting. Besides the archery seasons start in September and run almost straight thru January depending on what state you are in. Crossbows are deadly accurate at short to medium range and can be a great way to get out and enjoy the woods. I would use my compound bow but due to an ongoing elbow injury have been using the crossbow for about 5-6 years and have taken in excess of 25 deer. I'm jot pushing my stuff on you but I do have two very nice crossbows available as a package as I upgraded a couple of weeks ago to what I believe is the best crossbow on the market. Post up or pm if you have any other hunting related questions, there are a bunch of is that can help out
    Archery season is the most fun in the woods as there is not as much pressure, during gun season anyone that is capable of pulling a trigger is out and about and if you do not have private ground to hunt it gets very crowded on the woods

• I'll throw you out an offer, sure Bob is willing also over the next month we can coordinate a few hunts. I will be out during the late archery and gun season if yours and my [size=2px]schedule [/size]matches up your welcome to experience both worlds. My personal preference is archery less pressure deer tend to be more in a natural state, and like Hardcor said I do 3D in the off season.

• did you get your hunter ed? i teach the class. i also am a state master hunter. if you would like to get together and go over some state areas to go to I will gladly show you. hit me up.

• I helped YJ DAVE drag this beauty of a 6 pointer out. He smoked him with his bow day before MD gun opener. All I have done so far is stack a pile of doe
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

• Not a monster by any means but finally added a buck to my pile of doe. 8 down, room for one more in the freezer.
    I have been pretty lucky between the last two Saturdays I managed 4 for the freezer!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!