• Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Tried to do business with hesco once... $5000 chevy
    motor... plus shipping... plus handling... plus boxing...
    plus taxes... plus employee lunches... plus cable fees...
    plus 1.99 a minute per call...

okay, maybe not all of that is true, but you get the idea...

• Check your local machine shop sometimes they have customers that dont pay for stuff or have cores that they can reman. There is always jasper.

• I have a tick sound i think its coming from the lower end. it would go away after the engine was up to temp, now it stays. almost 150000 miles so maybe time to rebuild :censored:

• I just had mine rebuilt at Long Engine Works in Elkton Md. Little less then 2 grand and it runs great. Jasper was like 2900 and you don't know how abused the core was that your getting. I'd rather have my own engine rebuilt myself

• Try putting some Lucas oil additive to increase the oils cohesion and lubricity. How does your oil pressure behave once warmed up; does it seem to drop a bit at idle or hover around 15 psi?

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• will do... tomorrow friend and i will check all with stethoscope. :shrug:

• If you have some power loss I'm thinking your head gasket may have blown.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• no leaks from the head gasket from the outside and no loss of coolant so I do not think an internal one. there is a ting sound coming from the lifter side of engine. maybe a stock cam, lifters and push rods?

• I've had 4 Cherokees and a wrangler that all had 200 plus miles on them. Except one, all of them had cracked exhaust manifolds, that ticked.

If your track-record is 80% cracked exhaust manifolds after only 200 miles, you are doing something wrong. :razz:

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!