Posting font formatting a little wonky?

• Has anyone else noticed or had a problem with posts autonomously reformatting your text when posting?

It seems to happen when I copy/paste in the compose window. Maybe other things cause it, but copy/paste is where I've noticed it for sure. Font tags are added, usually reformatting some of the text to an unreadable small size. The post appears fine in the 'Preview' window; the strangeness is instead seen only after posting. The only work-around I have found is to edit the post in Toggle View to remove all extraneous tags.

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• [size=0px]1. Stafford[/size][size=0px]2. Skeets6823. Black rubi4. Bmf245.YJDave + Maggie6. Deadfeat.7. cj88. JMACK +19. TheDarkSide +110. Captain II11. JKGray1012. AEZ13. Kuntryboy816 +1 or +314. Astape15. Slimer +116. ForMud17. Flutterby + a Sammi18. Keith.eric + 119. Spedly + 120. quadna21. Icky22. KnoxRents23. Lisel24. Shorebird25. Sandtostand + 126. jkjeeper + 127. 2000sahara28. Jcab29. jc112130. clendanie
    31. Grningbear + 3 or 4[/size]

I guess it isn't just me. I highly doubt Grningbear added those tags. This has happened to me quite a few times.

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• I've had that happen a few times. It's a pain in the ass

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I've had that happen a few times. It's a pain in the ass

I select, copy and paste the text in Slimer's post, and here is the result:

[size=2px]I've had that happen a few times. It's a pain in the ass[/size]

~ JD

• That's what happens. It happened to me while on the lap top. It's a quote function thing because I don't have it happen any other time.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• That's what happens. It happened to me while on the lap top. It's a quote function thing because I don't have it happen any other time.

It happens to me when I copy/paste. Here I copy/paste this very text:
    [size=2px]It happens to me when I copy/paste. Here I copy/paste this very text: [/size]

~ JD

• It happened to me why I used the quote button

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Why are you copying and pasting instead of just using the Quote button?

I always use the quote button for quoting someone else's post. I never have had this problem when using the Quote button.

There are other times when I will copy/paste or cut/paste some other text; e.g. I might cut-and-paste my own text when I am getting all OCD about my wording in a post and am rewording it before posting, or when using the Modify button to editing the wording in my own post.

~ JD

• It's been a problem with chrome for a long time. I'm not really sure where it comes from. I think because chrome doesn't fully support the WYSIWYG editors. I'm hoping that they can address this in the next major release of the forum software (currently in pre-release beta testing).

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!