I screwed up and bought my first jeep

• The garden stuff and cove molding both suck and fall off/sag....been there, done that. The best option I'd found when getting mine through inspection was conveyor belt material (pretty sure TSC carries it). Drilled/tapped underside of tube on tube fender and it bolts in place. Fabbed a quick metal bracket in the front to hold a side marker and add additional support to the front of the 'flare' and was good to go. Inspector was actually impressed. :laughing:

**WARNING** This image is about 10 years old and the last time Ian's jeep moved without assistance from a trailer. That inspector is probably retired.

• Thanks for the tip. I picked up some "baler belt" today. I all ready have some left over 1/8" aluminum sheet to use in conjunction with the belt to jury rig a usable flare. Just waiting on some 10/32 stainless cap screws from McMaster Carr and I'll be in good shape

• I made it through inspection today with the help of a harbor freight trailer light kit and some home made flares I copied from the ones posted. Thanks for the idea, it worked well. I'm just going to keep the flares on for now.

• Those are inspection tail lights. The ones that are installed are flush led that don't have reflectors, license plate illumination and aren't visible from the side.

As for the sticker I can't remove it because it's structural.

• As for the sticker I can't remove it because it's structural.

There is no way would I drive around with that on my Jeep. I put stickers on my Jeep for vendors and manufacturers who I like, but I would not want a company forcing me to sport their brand on a product.

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

Edited once, last by altierior ().

• There is no way would I drive around with that on my Jeep. I put stickers on my Jeep for vendors and manufacturers who I like, but I would not want a company forcing me to sport their brand on a product.

I think he was being facetious.... :shrug:

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• I didn't know Sky Jacker was such a bad word on the Jeep world. I may have to remove it for fear you guys will throw rocks at me.

In seriousness I didn't put it on there as it was on there when I bought it. Is Sky Jacker that horible?

I think the only Sky Jacker components left on this Jeep are the front shocks and the extended brake lines although it did have a complete Sky Jakcer lift kit at one point in its life.

• :roflmao: So much hate being thrown around. No worries, whatever you have, show, rock, prefer, sport.. there will always be haters!

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• Don't worry about the SkyJacker stuff, it's really not that bad. Sure, it's not Currie or RockKrawler, but at least it's not Rough Country! :) Quadratec sells a TON of SkyJacker stuff with very few issues. The only issues I can remember in the last few years were from a bad batch of shock bushings, and around 7 years ago they switched to a better design of their flex-joints in the control arms. So... don't worry about it.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• I didn't know Sky Jacker was such a bad word on the Jeep world. I may have to remove it for fear you guys will throw rocks at me.

Very small rocks…

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

Edited once, last by deadfeat ().

• My old Skyjacker springs flexed great! The biggest complaint has always been they sag. My rear springs did and I beefed them up with another leaf. I also had to be conscious of my speed in a turn because of the body roll (I don't have a sway bar).

I wouldn't buy them again though.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!