***TRAIL RIDE*** DeJA Club Ride @ Rausch Creek Saturday October 1 All Welcome!

• I'm out. XJ steering repairs ongoing.

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• I'm not going to make this one. I wish I could. I repaired my roof and three fenders. My windshield latch broke off but it pretty much stays closed except when I brake hard. I straightened out my license plate. I changed some carb jetting and used a baffled gasket which might help with flooding on hills. The smashed header will have to wait. My locking hubs lost a couple of nuts so I ordered a stud kit from warn, but they are not installed yet. My hydraulic clutch setup was way too stiff so I bought and installed the advance adapters chain clutch assembly. It bolted onto the frame and covers up the crack I found very nicely. If I can't see the crack do I really need to fix it?
    I hope to be ready next month, have fun out there!

• Im out, sunday just doesn't seem to be happening. Besides, looks pretty rainy

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Well it was a foggy day at RC yesterday. Jay and I were the only DEJA members to show, well thats all we saw in the fog. It was still a good day 60 degrees in the afternoon with very little rain. They must have got a lot of rain before Saturday, because all of the water hazards were very deep. Jay almost drowned the CJ in the pit before the winch hill. I saw the CJ just kind of floating. He did make it out and we both had to back out of the pit. Two jeeps can cover a lot of miles and it also helps when Jay leads with the RC maplet running on his table. Only a few small groups at the park also allowed us to keep moving.
    Trail rundown: B to 1 including the loops around 1a. Then over to 2 and crawlers ridge, then back over to 1c. Not a good part of the day for me, I cracked my hardtop when one of the lines on 1c pushed me into a tree. Next we headed down to yellow jacket. somewhere in their Jay had to re-secure the the lower mount on his front drivers side shock, because the bolt backed out. After that we ran tatas which they just keep adding to this trail with some nice options.
    Next we headed to the west side for 12B, 15, and into 13A & 13B. we then moved to 11 down to 19-B loop back to 11 and the 11 short cut out and around 11-B, 18A and 18B, then 10A to big rocks which was like an island amidst all the water. At that time we called it a day and took 11 to H and back to the lot to air up. Only one other mishap, a log wedged itself between my driver front tire and my dumbo ear factory flare. The log snapped all but one of the mounting clips. The (6) 10mm bolts held it in place for the ride home. Its all good, I had spare clips at home and its already fixed. Another great day at RC. Thanks for leading Jay!

• Thanks for the trail report, Tim. You must have been taking notes! I didn't drive out of the Winch Hill pit, I paddled out. The bottom was so soft it felt like my wheels weren't turning at all, but I kept 'em spinning and eventually it started to move so slowly back. I had water on the floor almost up to the door sills, pulled the bilge plugs -- no problem!

That driver's side front shock mount keeps stripping the lower mounting bolt. I think the shock is too short and the suspension is maxing it out, but why it does it on only one side I don't know.

Next ride isn't until November 26 at Anthracite -- unless we can get a group together before then.

• Sounds like you guys had fun. Wish I could have been there.

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!