2017 club comp

• I should be there by 7:30 (shooting for 7) I'd say do the same. That gives us a good hour and a half to go trough tech and get ready. You'll also have to renew your membership if it's not current which will take a few extra minutes. As for stuff to bring, ive got tools, a jack, shafts for a Dana 30/Dana 44. I'd bring any trail spares you may usually bring. Otherwise, lots of water and a hat.

• Let's say we snapped the club's winning streak, and a few other things. It was my first comp, but Tonka and Knox Rents both said the courses were much harder, and longer, than in the past. Plus we had light rain about half the day, enough to make the rocks nice and slick. I couldn't bear to look at the final score sheet, but we had at least 8 DNFs out of 16 runs. I had beginner's luck and aced the first course, but high-centered twice and ran out of time on the other three. The only thing I broke was my spare tire carrier (Anybody got one lying around?), but Jared, who was also a first-timer, slashed a tire and broke a rear control arm. Steve snapped his front pinion gear on the last course and had to be dragged off with his steering locked up on one side. So, yeah, there was some "carnage," but we had a blast. Billy and Steve are great spotters and got me through obstacles I never thought I could make. I'll be glad to do it again next year if they'll have me!

• Not so bad in the carnage department! Wish I could have been there.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

'88 YJ, 4" suspension, 2"body lift, 456 locked F & R, 35-12.50-15 BFG KM2s on Cragar Soft 8's
    &'03 KJ, 2"+ shackle lift, armor, BBs, 245-70-16 BFG A/T TAs

• Yesterday was a ton of fun. Big shout out to Jbates and Slowpoke for stepping up and joining us. They both did some great wheeling and conquered obstacles that they should be proud of. The mid day rain made for some of the hardest obstacles I've seen in a comp and that was with some very technical courses from the start. In fact the day kicked off with two rigs rolling at the same time in there first run. I checked the scores before I left. Billy and I where holding our own and we would have made it in to the shootout in 4th but I snapped my pinion gear in half on a bonus line on the last course and with me not finishing that bumped us to 5th of 7 and only the top 4 made the shootout. My front diff locked up and we had to pull my axles and drive shaft to get me back on the trailer. All in all it was still a great day of wheeling and I can't wait to do it again!

I suck at pictures and got none so if you have anything, post it up.

• The courses were definitely harder than I expected for a club comp. The expectations they put on the Class 1-2 vehicles made it almost impossible to finish and the only clubs to do well had Class 1-2 rigs that were on the edge of 3-4.

There were lots of rolls and flops so I'm glad we were able to keep everyone upright and Slowpoke was able to drive home.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!