quick overview of new features

• Figured I'd try to help explain some of the new things going on...

Let's start with the new opening page, the "dashboard". I've highlighted a few spots worth understanding. The top is the upper menu that you'll see everywhere across the site. Click once on your username to access profile settings. Notifications shows you anything you've picked to be notified about. Conversations are where you'll find private messages. The next row is the site menu, and will show you the number of unseen posts or photos. In the main display, it starts with up to 5 threads with unseen posts. Below that is general activity, posts, likes, photo uploads.

Speaking of notifications... click on that menu option and it'll show what's waiting for you. Click on the gear icon to access the items that will display there. Click on the top checkmark to mark them all as "seen" or the individual items. If you don't goto the thread or click on the checkmark, it'll be there waiting the next time you visit the site.

Moving along to the forum display... I've marked the side menu. The eye is a spot to ignore specific categories, the checkmark is "mark all as seen", next is RSS feed, then sitemap and "goto bottom of page". Over in the forum display... If you want to tidy up the view, click on the V arrow to collapse that section. If there are any unseen posts, it'll still let you know. If you want to ignore that section completely (either group or an individual section, use the menu on the right with the eye (scroll down for more on that). If you want to clear the "unseen" number for a specific section, double-click on the folder icon and it'll mark them all as "seen" (this works for specific threads as well, within the thread list).

Here is what you'll see from the "eye" menu. You can either hide a category or a specific section by un-checking it. If you use this menu, it'll also ignore them as being "recent" and not include them on the dashboard or in the "unseen" post totals. I'm not really sure why you'd want to use this on our forum, but it's there if you want.

And perhaps the feature to be most used... the post-hover menu. While looking at a thread, move your mouse over and it'll display this in the bottom right. First is the "save to quote" option, where you can select one or multiple posts to quote when you reply (scroll all the way down or up and click on the "reply" button). Next is the "report to moderator" option, where you can report spam posts, or something that gets a little out of hand. Next is "like". You won't see this on your own posts. Next is "to the top", to bounce you to the very top of the page. One option missing will be an "edit" icon before the quote icon, if you're looking at your own post.

Moving along to the gallery... the right menu has the "mark all as seen" option similar to the forum. This is great so you don't have to look at every single new image to clear that. What you're looking at are "categories" of photos, showing from all users. This will let you get your trail ride fix when you're stuck at work in February. ;) To the far left, across from the checkmark, is a small menu "Albums, Images, New Images, Map". Club members will also see "My albums, My Images". Albums will display individual albums owned users, images shows all images, and new images shows the images you haven't marked as "seen" yet. Map will show you a google map with any image that was tagged with a location when uploaded.

I hope this makes sense and helps make the new site a little more enjoyable.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Not really worth a screenshot on it's own, but you can "mention" or "tag" a user in a post. This will link to their profile, but also notify them that you've included them in a post. It's pretty easy, it's the @ followed by their username and a small popup window will come letting you click on the user to finish the tag.

This is what it'll look like if you tag me... @whatevah

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

• 1. is there a way to put a picture into a post without hosting it on a website? like just upload it from somewhere on your computer?
    2. is there still a "show new replies to my posts" option in the forum? I know there is unread, but I like to sort by threads ive posted in and others have since posted in

also, as I type this reply, I don't see any icons above this window. as I scroll the mouse, it will say "BBCode, undo, redo, bold, italic...., but it just looks like an empty row in excel. fyi, I am using internet explorer on a laptop running windows 7

• 1. is there a way to put a picture into a post without hosting it on a website? like just upload it from somewhere on your computer?
    2. is there still a "show new replies to my posts" option in the forum? I know there is unread, but I like to sort by threads ive posted in and others have since posted in

also, as I type this reply, I don't see any icons above this window. as I scroll the mouse, it will say "BBCode, undo, redo, bold, italic...., but it just looks like an empty row in excel. fyi, I am using internet explorer on a laptop running windows 7

Try a real browser, Internet Explorer is my favorite browser to download Chrome with.

With mobile app, Tapatalk , it works great. I think they host the image for you , but I don't know how long the image is maintained.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

1. Look at the attachment tab below the reply box. I suggest using the gallery for something you want to post more than once or find in the future, though.
    2. Next to unread threads, should be "watched threads". That'll show every thread you're watching/subscribed to. On this new forum, the default setting should be to automatically watch any thread that you post in.

Do you have any ad blockers? What internet connection are you on? Perhaps a work connection with some sort of filter? Chrome is a much better browser, but the screenshots posted above are from on Explorer on a Win 7 machine. I used Explorer for my test account.

Jerry / Whatevah

• How do you delete conversations so I can start a new one. I can only find hide and leave under edit and neither frees up space for me

Leave should remove them from your quota. From the main conversations window, https://www.delawareja.com/for…ex.php?conversation-list/ hit the check-boxes on the left, then scroll down... it'll say "X Conversations marked". click on that, then Leave.

how many do you have? :)

Jerry / Whatevah

• awesome!!! that was easy!!!!

thanks @whatevah (yea, I just did that too. I feel modern and techy now)

one more question...what do the different colors for the usernames mean. I see mine and most are regular blue, @Stafford is navyish blue. is that just a special royalty president coloring?

• one more question...what do the different colors for the usernames mean. I see mine and most are regular blue, @Stafford is navyish blue. is that just a special royalty president coloring?

that's just a little detail that I've overlooked. All club members should be the bright blue vs the other shade. I'll fix it later today :)

Jerry / Whatevah

• Is there a "Mark All Forums Read" check mark that can be clicked on when in the mobile version on a phone or tablet? I've looked in Safari and Chrome but only see it on the desktop version and not the mobile version.

Doesn't seem to be one. I'll see if I can add that into the theme somewhere, but switching to the desktop view for that might be simpler.

Jerry / Whatevah

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!