Moog vs Spicer Ujoints.

• I just grabbed a pair of MOOG 280 (1310 equiv) u-joints.

I assume they are comparable to Spicer or other quality joints. These are for the rear driveshaft that eats a set every year or two since the agle is a little less than ideal. Planning on a CV style rear shaft this summer.

...discuss.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• that's all I used up until my driveshaft replacement after installing the long arm kit. They held up good especially considering all of the water and mud that I use to play in til Aaron scolded me

• These are for the rear driveshaft that eats a set every year or two since the agle is a little less than ideal. Planning on a CV style rear shaft this summer.

...discuss.

I don't understand how your rear drive shaft angle is a problem. With your long wheelbase the 4" of lift shouldn't create too steep an angle. Did you rotate your transfercase or something?

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• I don't understand how your rear drive shaft angle is a problem. With your long wheelbase the 4" of lift shouldn't create too steep an angle. Did you rotate your transfercase or something?

There are a few reasons

1. AW4 Auto is 25" , several inches longer that the T176 which is 13"
    2. The transfer case has been clocked to fit under a 2" drop belly skid pan raising the D300 transfer case output by sever inches up.
    3. To adapt the AW4 to the Dana 300 we had to use a 7/8" clocking ring.

So going with a CV will be ideal in this application. m I've already priced them at about $200 including the cv yoke for the D300 .

driveshaft

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

• I forgot you had an automatic

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Just finished up. Only replaced the lower. Upper was fine. Mush smoother ride

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!