CB Radio Help

• Hello everyone. Thinking about getting a new CB radio. I have it narrowed down to 2. A) Uniden BC 980 and B) Galaxy DX-959. Anyone have any input on these radios? Thanks for your help.

• I owned the same Galaxy and there is a lot u can do with it. If u are planning on just using it for local, way too much... If u are into the extra channels and are planning on using it to talk skip with a linear behind it... Worth the money, especially with the frequency Meter to dial in for clarity. I am currently using an older Cobra 29 classic with mods and reverb, it works very well locally. I have no knowledge of the Uniden. Hope this helps.

If you're afraid of struggle, then you're afraid of growth. You have to go through it to get to it. Let it build you, not break you.

• I plan on using it for local, but want to play with skip and getting long range. One day plan on getting a linear but little pricey for now. Definitely want SSB to talk to truckers out and about. Not sure if I want weather with it or not.

• Fwiw, the sunspot cycle is nearing the weak point and CB skip will be less common for the next few years. If long-range is what you're interested in... you might want to consider ham radio. Sadly, though... the radios are a lot more expensive.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!