• Look at page 255 of the "What have you done to your Jeep today" thread, about half way down the page, and follow the thread from there. You'll see what happened to John's steering box and what he did to fix it.

Thank you! I'll do that same upgrade to mine! That looked like a really bad day

• I'm swapping the rear to a ford 8.8 and my chromoly 31 spline shafts just came yesterday actually!

How can I patch the leaf spring mounts? There's definitely some rust there when I crawled under last time and it did catch my eye.

Yeah I think 4.56 will be fine for what I'll use it for, I never really use it to tow anything and I have no intent on being heavy on the gas, I don't want my mpg to go too far into the toilet

Nice rig ! Thanks for the advice and help !

• That looked like a really bad day

That day was certainly interesting. In a fashion - by some definition - I would call it fun. I wonder how the rest of the group would classify it?

I have never had a truly bad day on the trails, especially with the guys in this club. What some people might call 'bad days on the trail' nearly always turn out to make for the best stories, the ones we remember more so than others, and the ones we most fondly recall later.

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• That day was certainly interesting. In a fashion - by some definition - I would call it fun. I wonder how the rest of the group would classify it?

I have never had a truly bad day on the trails, especially with the guys in this club. What some people might call 'bad days on the trail' nearly always turn out to make for the best stories, the ones we remember more so than others, and the ones we most fondly recall later.

haha after reading the first part I was gonna say yeah I bet you'll never forget it though and trouble shooting and stuff is fun! I wouldn't want to wheel at all if I knew 100% I'd never have any problems or break anything. That'd be so boring, I'd just stay on the asphalt for that !

It really seems like a quality group of guys and I'm looking forward to joining and meeting all of you ! I really appreciate all the help!

"It's not the destination it's the journey" right?

• I'm swapping the rear to a ford 8.8 and my chromoly 31 spline shafts just came yesterday actually!
    How can I patch the leaf spring mounts? There's definitely some rust there when I crawled under last time and it did catch my eye.

Yeah I think 4.56 will be fine for what I'll use it for, I never really use it to tow anything and I have no intent on being heavy on the gas, I don't want my mpg to go too far into the toilet

Nice rig ! Thanks for the advice and help !

Guess I skimmed over the 8.8 comments. :D

Assuming it's the rear shackle mounts, there is a "bolt-on" replacement for those. http://www.hdoffroadengineerin…ackle-relocation-brackets Some cutting and grinding needed, but no welding. Those are under my old XJ now. If you need the front mounts, Synergy sells a set of those http://www.synergymfg.com/Syne…nger-Bracket-p-20685.html Synergy also makes the shackle hangers, but they're a bit more money than the HD Offroad.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Guess I skimmed over the 8.8 comments. :D
    Assuming it's the rear shackle mounts, there is a "bolt-on" replacement for those. http://www.hdoffroadengineerin…ackle-relocation-brackets Some cutting and grinding needed, but no welding. Those are under my old XJ now. If you need the front mounts, Synergy sells a set of those http://www.synergymfg.com/Syne…nger-Bracket-p-20685.html Synergy also makes the shackle hangers, but they're a bit more money than the HD Offroad.

no worries and ok awesome thanks ! I'll look into those

• I run a D30 HP on my TJ with 35's. It will hold up fine. I beat the hell out of my rig at Rausch and it's all good

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

• Welcome, good to see another XJ around here. We're like the ugly red headed stepchild!

Speak for yourself. I don't have red hair.

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!